5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off Road 1 question

ShaneC

Reaction score
Is it bad to drive in off road 1 height for everyday driving?

O'Town Ram

I know less and less about more and more
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No problem. Your truck will automatically lower itself at speed. Off road 1 is only 1" higher than normal ride height.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yea, I drive in offroad 4 mode all the time. My truck doesn't even lower at speed.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It's not good for tire wear.
The alignment will be off driving at those. You can do the chalk test to see how bad. If you want it higher get it lifted and aligned for the level you will drive on hard ground the most on. Every now and then I wouldn't worry about it though, just no sharp turns.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Off Road 1 is Rebel height? That is daily driving why doesn't it work the same? When would OR1 and OR2 be useful...completely off road? My Limited has it with air suspension and the only time I find to use OR2 is when I park and deploy side steps for protection from dings...at least in my mind. :ROFLMAO:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Off Road 1 is Rebel height? That is daily driving why doesn't it work the same? When would OR1 and OR2 be useful...completely off road? My Limited has it with air suspension and the only time I find to use OR2 is when I park and deploy side steps for protection from dings...at least in my mind. :ROFLMAO:
Because a Rebel has it's front end aligned and adjuted for that height.
You can put your Limited in OR1 and get an alignment if you want to drive in that mode all the time.

And yes Offroad 1 and Offroad 2 are for... Offroad.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure what year or model of truck you have. My 23 manual indicates the Rebel has only 1 off road setting (OR1) and it will automatically lower to normal ride height at speeds above 25 mph. The Limited has 2 off road modes (OR1 and OR2). If OR2 is selected it will also automatically lower above 25mph. In OR1 it will automatically lower if speed is between 40 - 50mph for more than 20 seconds or any speed above 50 mph.

I'm guessing the normal right height for the Rebel is about what OR1 is for the Limited and OR1 in the Rebel is equivalent to OR2 in the Limited.

Previous years may work differently.

6of36

Reaction score
Not sure what year or model of truck you have. My 23 manual indicates the Rebel has only 1 off road setting (OR1) and it will automatically lower to normal ride height at speeds above 25 mph. The Limited has 2 off road modes (OR1 and OR2). If OR2 is selected it will also automatically lower above 25mph. In OR1 it will automatically lower if speed is between 40 - 50mph for more than 20 seconds or any speed above 50 mph.

I'm guessing the normal right height for the Rebel is about what OR1 is for the Limited and OR1 in the Rebel is equivalent to OR2 in the Limited.

Previous years may work differently.
Normal air suspension has 5 levels. Rebel or regular, with Off Road Group, have 4.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
Because a Rebel has it's front end aligned and adjuted for that height.
You can put your Limited in OR1 and get an alignment if you want to drive in that mode all the time.

And yes Offroad 1 and Offroad 2 are for... Offroad.
Yep, that's what I did for my off road mode 4. Aligned for it. BDS suggested I do that with a 4" lift. 🤣

ShaneC

Reaction score
I am looking for a way to level my front end with the back but I don’t want to bypass any sensors. Does anyone have any recommendations? I found these at SuspensionSuperstore.com. Does anyone have any experience with these?

Attachments

• IMG_4268.png
    IMG_4268.png
    143 KB · Views: 13

6of36

Reaction score
I am looking for a way to level my front end with the back but I don’t want to bypass any sensors. Does anyone have any recommendations? I found these at SuspensionSuperstore.com. Does anyone have any experience with these?
If you level with links, be careful going into offroad 2. You could end up breaking brake lines, due to the fact it will raise higher than designed.

ShaneC

Reaction score
If you level with links, be careful going into offroad 2. You could end up breaking brake lines, due to the fact it will raise higher than designed.
Thank you for the input. I just want to level the front end. I do not anticipate going above normal or Off Road 1.

Users who are viewing this thread