5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OEM tire spin…. Normal?

Jokersreven9e

Reaction score
2021 1500 Laramie 4x4 with stock pretty much everything except Hellwig middle setting. 1k miles. First truck, mainly had SUVs before.

20” Bridgestone Duelers slip when stopped and then turning, non-aggressive turn. Worse in rain, but happens in dry too. Is it normal for a truck since there is little weight in the back?

Not that I exactly need another reason to toss the stockers, but curious if most tires would do this.

dwalme

Reaction score
Yes it's normal with those tires.

It'll happen with most tires though too.

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
I have the stock 22s on my longhorn... Mine does slip very easily if it's even the slightest bit wet or sandy concrete etc. ... Stock rubbers are trash! But tbh I was pleasantly suprised how well the stock 22s did here in the Iowa winter last year! I would have already replaced them but I'm saving to lift this truck after this winter since these Ram trucks sit waaaay to damn low from the factory, so I'm not gunna waste money on tires yet until I'm ready to stuff 35s or 37s on her next spring

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Chris VB

Reaction score
I have the stock 22s on my longhorn... Mine does slip very easily if it's even the slightest bit wet or sandy concrete etc. ... Stock rubbers are trash! But tbh I was pleasantly suprised how well the stock 22s did here in the Iowa winter last year! I would have already replaced them but I'm saving to lift this truck after this winter since these Ram trucks sit waaaay to damn low from the factory, so I'm not gunna waste money on tires yet until I'm ready to stuff 35s or 37s on her next spring

Get 37”s. You’ll regret it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
Regret 35”s that is lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I might go 37s this time... I had 35s and my 4th Gen with 6" lift but I only had 20s on the 4th Gen so it was plenty of tire, but I plan on sticking with 22s on this pickup so will most likely go with 37s... I just don't want to have to go to town chopping away at this expensive as truck to make them fit lol

PaulieWalnutz

Reaction score
I have Toyo oc at3 and they still spin a bit when making right hand turn from a stop onto a busy road, not under too much acceleration either

Jokersreven9e

Reaction score
I have Toyo oc at3 and they still spin a bit when making right hand turn from a stop onto a busy road, not under too much acceleration either

I was just looking at those. I think I’ve settled on Pirelli scorpion ATs though. I’m mostly highway/suburbs for now.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
My factory Goodyears will chirp on a hard right from a stop anytime the pavement isn't bone dry and often even when it is. It started on the test drive and hasn't ended. I don't think you can blame the tires. You can blame no weight or posi or both, but it ain't the tread.

Users who are viewing this thread