5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OEM Taillights

Hoythews71

Reaction score
Passenger side taillight shattered over the weekend. Looking to replace with OEM, but my dealership quoted me $800+ for replacement parts. Anyone done an aftermarket swap and willing to sell their old lamps? I have a Laramie Sport Blackout package, so that lamp has all the bells/whistles like blind spot, crossing detection, LED outer, etc.

Thanks for the help.

RobbyO

Reaction score
Passenger side taillight shattered over the weekend. Looking to replace with OEM, but my dealership quoted me $800+ for replacement parts. Anyone done an aftermarket swap and willing to sell their old lamps? I have a Laramie Sport Blackout package, so that lamp has all the bells/whistles like blind spot, crossing detection, LED outer, etc.

Thanks for the help.
I recently changed my led taillight. Mine got busted as well. I bought an OEM taillight. My brother in law who's a technician with fca told me to remove the blind spot module in the old taillight and sell it online. Apparently you can't buy it without buying the whole taillight. It can go for a couple hundred bucks. Just a suggestion to recoup some of the money spent on an OEM taillight

Hoythews71

Reaction score
Found the same taillight in rockauto.com for under $600. Dealership said they’ll price match and throw in a few extras since they think the price is so ridiculous as well. Looks like I’ll be buying new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ak_andy

Reaction score
At moparwholesaleparts.com the LED Lamps w/ Blind Spot are $550.00 and with out is $363.00. I recently bought the LED Headlight assemblies from them and can say i was not disappointed. The order shipped in 3 days and was at my doorstep within 7.

Hoythews71

Reaction score
At moparwholesaleparts.com the LED Lamps w/ Blind Spot are $550.00 and with out is $363.00. I recently bought the LED Headlight assemblies from them and can say i was not disappointed. The order shipped in 3 days and was at my doorstep within 7.

If my original blind spot/crossing monitors are still operational, would I be able to swap those into the bottom barrel $363 lamp unit?

ak_andy

Reaction score
If my original blind spot/crossing monitors are still operational, would I be able to swap those into the bottom barrel $363 lamp unit?

Right around Page 3 they talk about doing that. i believe you'd need to buy an additional wiring harness to make it work as the LED's w/o Blind spot only have one plug and the ones w/ blind spot have two...https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/is-it-possible-to-add-blind-spot.13516/

ak_andy

Reaction score

retho78

Reaction score
I noticed on mine both sides have hairline cracks and located by the turn signals so, will have to take it in for replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread