5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OEM/stock lug nuts w/aftermarket wheels?

wangstarr03

Reaction score
Hey all, I’m getting ready to pull the trigger on a new set of aftermarket wheels. They will be 20x9 and 6x5.5 bolt pattern (same as my OEM ORG wheels) just -12mm offset to compensate for the wider tires I’lol be throwing on.

My question: do I need to buy aftermarket lug nuts to accommodate these things or will the stock ones work just fine (I have the stock/Mopar locking nuts)?

I’m getting different information everywhere I look and I can‘t tell if these wheel sellers are just trying to make an additional buck on me or if it’s legit advice. Last thing I want is for wheels/tires/TPMS sensors to come in only to not be able to mount them because of lug nuts. Would appreciate any insight/suggestions, thanks!

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It really depends on the wheel. You have to ask them exactly what type of lug is required for their wheel. There are different shapes/seats and lengths, etc. You don’t necessarily have to buy the lugs from the same place you buy the wheels but you need to have the specs on the required lugs, which may or may not be the same as oem, then you can order them from amazon or wherever. It is VERY important you use the correct lugs otherwise it could be dangerous.

Users who are viewing this thread