5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

oem spare

fudpucker

Reaction score
What size spare came with your 2019-2020 Ram? I've heard some Rams having oem 20" wheels actually had 18" spare tires. ?????
Thanks

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Almost all spares are 18” rims, with spare tires that have similar circumference to the OEM tires. My Laramie with 275/55-20 tires came with a 245/70-18 spare tire on a cheap alloy wheel.

Mchurch52

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Laramie with the ORG, 275/55R20 tires with 275/65R18 spare.

fudpucker

Reaction score
Almost all spares are 18” rims, with spare tires that have similar circumference to the OEM tires. My Laramie with 275/55-20 tires came with a 245/70-18 spare tire on a cheap alloy wheel.
Thanks! That's exactly the information I needed. I'm good to go.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
On my Rebel, the spare is a Falken Wildpeak A/T LT275/65R18 not as aggressive as the Duratrac.
That's the exact same spare I have on my 2020 Laramie with the ORG. I'll have to take a look at the wife's Limited and see what she has. Hers came with the 22" wheels but no ORG.

Highertechnology

Reaction score
Are there any issues with running a spare of this size with a truck lifted/leveled and 35s?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are there any issues with running a spare of this size with a truck lifted/leveled and 35s?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
For short distances, no. I would not tow with it. And if I had a flat on the rear, and had miles to go, I’d put the spare on the front axle.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Long enough to get you home or to the shop for repair no. If it's an open diff or e-locker (non-anti-spin) then you're definitely okay.

As cj7 mentioned, if you are going to do any real distance, regardless of rear end, I'd put the spare on the front and put a good 'normal' tire on the rear to even it out.

I always replace my tires in pairs at a minimum so that they are as close to the same circumference as possible, but in my younger years I was told to use the 5% rule. As long as the circumferences are within 5% you're okay but that was "back in the day" where information was passed down from gearhead to gearhead (shops, friends, parents, etc.). I don't know how accurate that is today with the advancement in vehicles (manufacturing, technology) as I don't have to stretch my dollars as thin as I did in my late teens and early 20's.

Last edited:

JbVt

Reaction score
On my Rebel, the spare is a Falken Wildpeak A/T LT275/65R18 not as aggressive as the Duratrac.
Same on my bighorn night edition with ORG. 20" wildpeaks with that as spare.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The ORG has a "full-size spare". Regardless of trim level it is a 18" wheel with a 275/65-18 Falken Wildpeak A/T3WA tire. My wheel is steel but I don't know about the higher trims (Laramie, Longhorn, and Limited).

Simplman

Reaction score
I replaced the stock wheel and tires on my Bighorn with factory Rebel wheels and tires. Because I tow, I also mounted a 275/70/18 on my spare. I had to remove the heat shield to get it to fit so I exhaust wrapped the pipes where it was anywhere close to the spare for a little peace of mind.

Users who are viewing this thread