5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OEM Rebel Duratracs mounting on TRX rims?

spencerclift21

Reaction score
I am looking into picking up a set of TRX rims for my Rebel and noticed that the recommended rim width for the OEM duratracs maxes out at 8.5 inches and the TRX rims are 18x9. Should I risk stretching the tire 0.5 inches over spec? My tires aren't even close to replacing, would hate to pick these rims up and have to drop a pretty penny on new tires just for the new look.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I think that could be an issue, but there is the other issue of the off-set. People who get TRX rims from what I've read will need to get spacers so they don't hit their control arms, though this is based on using the factory 35" tires since most TRX rims used on regular RAMs are purchased as take-offs complete with tires. Putting on your stock 33" tires it might not be an issue, though the off-set will still be wrong since the TRX is designed with a longer track.

spencerclift21

Reaction score
I think that could be an issue, but there is the other issue of the off-set. People who get TRX rims from what I've read will need to get spacers so they don't hit their control arms, though this is based on using the factory 35" tires since most TRX rims used on regular RAMs are purchased as take-offs complete with tires. Putting on your stock 33" tires it might not be an issue, though the off-set will still be wrong since the TRX is designed with a longer track.

Thank you for the feedback, I’m hoping since the tire will be “stretched” just a little that the sidewall will be a little more vertical and avoid hitting the UCA.. I have seen some people say they can pull off the TRX wheels with a more narrow tire so I’ll go talk to my tire place.

spencerclift21

Reaction score
Update, they fit with the standard oem duratracs! No lift, no spacers, just perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was going to say putting them on a 9” wide wheel would be no problem.

spencerclift21

Reaction score
Pictures?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

15118a3f5eed5336100b041a98a9d766.jpg

spencerclift21

Reaction score
d4352eae092f0b1a2eaf3fe715082e46.jpg

Cleaned up the tires, these rims make the duratracs look more beefy in my opinion

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have any pics of the clearance between the UCA and the tire? I checked mine tonight and I have 3/4" with stock wheels/tires. I purchased some TRX wheels, which will take up 1/2" on the inside as they are 9" wide wheels. Is 1/4" clearance enough? Or, did the sidewall stretch to 9" open up the gap greater than 1/4"? Thanks

20220223_200359.jpg

spencerclift21

Reaction score
Do you have any pics of the clearance between the UCA and the tire? I checked mine tonight and I have 3/4" with stock wheels/tires. I purchased some TRX wheels, which will take up 1/2" on the inside as they are 9" wide wheels. Is 1/4" clearance enough? Or, did the sidewall stretch to 9" open up the gap greater than 1/4"? Thanks

View attachment 121566

I have just over a 1/4 of an inch of clearance, no rubbing and no issues

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good to know. The wheels go on tomorrow. Once on, I can then determine what size spacer to get, if I decide to get any. I'm thinking that others are using 1.5" spacers on factory wheels and tires, so having that extra 1/2" from the TRX wheels may only need 1" to get the wheels to the edge of the wheel well. I'll know after they get installed. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread