5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OEM light help please

Lize

Reaction score
I've noticed its very dark when reversing and the camera looks like a red glow. Today I tried checking the reverse lights when parked in front of a window, didn't get a very good view but it doesn't look like I've got any. There is an aftermarket light added under the tailgate lip to conform to UK standard which is a red fog but is dual purpose to have white in reverse and this looks to be the only white light that lights up. Before I go investigating and to avoid getting a friend round, it sounds a bit stupid but can someone please confirm that the picture below shows which lights are which please and that C is the reverse?
Thanks

RAM Rear light.jpg

Lize

Reaction score
Thinking about it, I think something has gone strange with the fronts too. I'm pretty sure that just (A) the LED strips used to light up during the day but now (B) the headlight seems to be on all the time. I have Headlights with wipers turned off, wipers turned off and the headlight still seems to be lit during the day with that dial in all positions, off/side/head/auto. Doesn't seem normal either?

SemperGumby

Reaction score
I believe you have it correct for the rears as far as what does what, for the front though it sounds as if your DRLs got set to active. With the LED headlights they stay on at, I believe, 50% as DRL, then go to 100% when headlights go to on. The LED strips above and below are accent lights that stay on at all times. Check in the lighting section of the settings in uconnect for DRL.

Lize

Reaction score
Great thanks @SemperGumby, will have a check on the reverse tomorrow. I thought my camera picture looked a bit red and lighting was a bit poor but it was difficult to tell as only been under street lighting, then I saw a photo of the camera another member posted on a thread and that was much brighter and whiter which made me check them.

The DRL part makes sense, I thought the LED strips were the DRLs!! Now you explain the headlight part I realise they didn't look 100%. I'll have a check on uConnect settings, I've been fiddling with it as I was looking to see if I could turn off the fogs with indicator/turning (unsuccessfully) so likely I've changed something.

foytizzle

Reaction score
I am pretty sure that for the rears, (A) is only for parking/driving lights, (B & D) function as turn and the brake lights, and (C) is the reverse light. When I have my turn signal on, the brake light on that side of the truck is off. I could be mistaken, but that is what I remember from the last time I was behind my truck.

Lize

Reaction score
I am pretty sure that for the rears, (A) is only for parking/driving lights, (B & D) function as turn and the brake lights, and (C) is the reverse light. When I have my turn signal on, the brake light on that side of the truck is off. I could be mistaken, but that is what I remember from the last time I was behind my truck.
Yes, my mistake, you are correct thanks. We've got to have amber turn signals and steady brake lights and I hadn't thought that part though properly, mine is now:
(A) = parking
(B & D) = brakes (do not flash with turn)
(C) = reverse has been repurposed to be flashing amber turn signal
Hence, bit darker in reverse at night as the only light I have is the additional strip under the tailgate.
So all is working as should be expected :)

Users who are viewing this thread