5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OEM Lift for 2wd?

guitarjesus

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the OEM lift kit from Mopar works with 2wd trucks? And before anybody flames me for lifting my truck, I just bought a cabin in the mountains and I only need it for clearance in some areas, not really anything else.

Thanks for any help folks.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the OEM lift kit from Mopar works with 2wd trucks? And before anybody flames me for lifting my truck, I just bought a cabin in the mountains and I only need it for clearance in some areas, not really anything else.

If anyone ever talks trash about lifting 2WD trucks, they're dumb. 2WD trucks can be plenty capable.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

You live in Socal, 2WD, locker, lift and All-Terrains is like a religion to some folks out there, you can do a lot with a 2WD with the right basic mods. Rock crawling and driving in the mud no, but open desert, definitely yes. Also, remember that almost all open class Trophy Trucks in the Baja 500 and 1000 are 2WD, I don't think there has been a 4WD winner in over a decade.

As for lifts, I think every single lift that is sold can also fit the 2WD. You may have some spare parts in on some full suspension lifts, but levels and most basic stuff are advertised as 2WD/4WD. Some venders/resellers don't put the 2WD in the ads, but if you look at the factory sites, most will say 2WD.

guitarjesus

Reaction score
You live in Socal, 2WD, locker, lift and All-Terrains is like a religion to some folks out there, you can do a lot with a 2WD with the right basic mods. Rock crawling and driving in the mud no, but open desert, definitely yes. Also, remember that almost all open class Trophy Trucks in the Baja 500 and 1000 are 2WD, I don't think there has been a 4WD winner in over a decade.

As for lifts, I think every single lift that is sold can also fit the 2WD. You may have some spare parts in on some full suspension lifts, but levels and most basic stuff are advertised as 2WD/4WD. Some venders/resellers don't put the 2WD in the ads, but if you look at the factory sites, most will say 2WD.
Good to know. I'm used to a solid axle front end, so lift kits were 4wd specific, especially with front leafs.

Brunzca

Reaction score
Good to know. I'm used to a solid axle front end, so lift kits were 4wd specific, especially with front leafs.
If you want more than the Mopar 2” kit, Rough Country makes a 6”, Maxtech maxes a 4” and 7”, and Fabtech makes a 6” - all specifically for the 2WD. I researched whether a 4WD kit could go on a 2WD, and basically got a different answer from everyone I asked. The manufacturers said no. Most people on the forums said yes, so, I think it can be done, but not warrantied By the manufacturer.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well it depends what kind of lift. With a 2wd you can use lift spindles, that can’t be used if you have a 4wd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Max Trac is the first name in Ram 2wd lifts …. Wouldn’t trust anything else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread