5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oem led fog light

Tlaug01

Reaction score
Has anyone installed the oem led fog lights ? Looks pretty straight forward just looking for any tips

Venom

Reaction score
Interested as well. I have the front sensors in mine as well. Do you? I have the bighorn with halogen fog lights. Does the new oem fog light have sensors built in? Does anyone have a link for pricing/installation?

Fantastipotamus

Reaction score
Heres the link to the Mopar part listing for $250.

It doesnt say anything about parking sensors, which is good.. and the price also would indicate to me that it doesn't include sensors.. but for a lot less than $250 you can get nice H11 LED bulbs. I have the Lasfit color changing ones, but one failed on me not long after install. Theyre great about replacement (sent me a whole second set), but still, not exactly confidence-inspiring.

Tlaug01

Reaction score
I guess I should clarify. I bought all the parts needed for led Install (lights, bezels, brackets) I'm planning on installing Saturday but was just looking for any tips. Planning on removing front bumper and going from there.

KRField

Reaction score
I guess I should clarify. I bought all the parts needed for led Install (lights, bezels, brackets) I'm planning on installing Saturday but was just looking for any tips. Planning on removing front bumper and going from there.

Unless you need to remove the bumper for another reason, the fog lights should be accessible with the bumper on the truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tlaug01

Reaction score
Unless you need to remove the bumper for another reason, the fog lights should be accessible with the bumper on the truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From what I can see there are a couple bolts that hold the fog light brackets that mount st the top of the bumper. Seems easier to just pull the bumper only 6 bolts

Venom

Reaction score
Heres the link to the Mopar part listing for $250.

It doesnt say anything about parking sensors, which is good.. and the price also would indicate to me that it doesn't include sensors.. but for a lot less than $250 you can get nice H11 LED bulbs. I have the Lasfit color changing ones, but one failed on me not long after install. Theyre great about replacement (sent me a whole second set), but still, not exactly confidence-inspiring.

Venom

Reaction score
I agree with the led lighting I’m currently leaning for the ultra gtr low beams and Lasfit fog lights/high beams. With the Lasfit did you get the la fit so you could get the dust cap on? Thought about getting those switchback turn signals also.

Fantastipotamus

Reaction score
I agree with the led lighting I’m currently leaning for the ultra gtr low beams and Lasfit fog lights/high beams. With the Lasfit did you get the la fit so you could get the dust cap on? Thought about getting those switchback turn signals also.
Sorry, I havent got the lows/highs into LEDs yet, just aftermarket halogens. And theres no dust caps on the fogs, but i did have to zip tie the ballasts so they weren't banging around. Ended up drilling a small hole in the fender liner where the two fender liner pieces overlap to run the ziptie through.

jermball623

Reaction score
I know it's been a while for this thread but I've been reading and I have the correct switch for fogs but no fogs and no harness coming from the BCM to plug in the fog harness at the bumper. Wondering if I can just wire them into the headlights since I would have them on anytime I've got the headlights on anyway. Thanks for input!

jermball623

Reaction score
I've checked multiple times because I thought it was weird that it wasn't there. I read on another forum if you dont have fogs or parking sensors then the plugin from the BCM for the fogs will not be there and you have to run the wires yourself to the BCM under the dash. I just thought it would be easier and just as practical to wire them into the headlights since I dont have the connection there behind the fender well. Wasn't sure if it would cause problems or not.

Alptbird

Reaction score
I've checked multiple times because I thought it was weird that it wasn't there. I read on another forum if you dont have fogs or parking sensors then the plugin from the BCM for the fogs will not be there and you have to run the wires yourself to the BCM under the dash. I just thought it would be easier and just as practical to wire them into the headlights since I don't have the connection there behind the fender well. Wasn't sure if it would cause problems or not.
You probably can if you are handy with relays. The BCM may see the load of the fogs and think something is wrong. If you use a relay to activate power to the fogs then it will probably be okay. if you are real handy with relays you can put a second relay in place so that you can immolate OEM operation. you would wire a switch to one relay for activation, the other one would activate with your headlight, so that when they are both on the fogs will light up. and when you turn on the brights they will shut off. and you will still be able to independently control the fogs OEM style with the switch. alot of IF's here.

Attachments

• dual relay.png
    dual relay.png
    145.4 KB · Views: 32

jermball623

Reaction score
Will most likely end up wiring them to their own switch and put it somewhere semi hidden so I can choose to turn them off in snow or heavy fog and dust situations

Renegade3

Reaction score
Reviving an old thread here. I picked up a set of LED fogs from a rebel, are they plug and play after switching the wires around? Do they need to be enabled by the dealership to get them to work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online