5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OEM led bed lights

nicks122293

Reaction score
I installed the led bed lights into my truck and followed the directions to a T and the lights wouldn’t turn on without the code from the dealer. The dealer wanted to charge me $185 which I thought was insane. So I followed the cargo light wire down and found it under the floorboard by the drivers side door. Simply ran the wire from the harness from the bed lights and spliced it into the white wire with ram stripe and bam they work perfectly! If anyone is having trouble and doesn’t want to have to deal with the dealer feel free to reach out.

Vokalharmony

Reaction score
Do you happen to have pictures of what you did? I'm not an expert at wiring and don't want to pay to have it reprogrammed either but can do small splicing and things light that

BuckRebel2020

Reaction score
I was wanting to add them to my rebel. Mine has the rambox tool boxes with built in lights. Can anyone think of a reason why you couldn't tap into that wire rather than running it to the dash?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I installed the led bed lights into my truck and followed the directions to a T and the lights wouldn’t turn on without the code from the dealer. The dealer wanted to charge me $185 which I thought was insane. So I followed the cargo light wire down and found it under the floorboard by the drivers side door. Simply ran the wire from the harness from the bed lights and spliced it into the white wire with ram stripe and bam they work perfectly! If anyone is having trouble and doesn’t want to have to deal with the dealer feel free to reach out.
Great to hear you figured it out. $185 is highway robbery to put a code in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/