5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OEM Jack replacements?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
What are people using for a portable jack?
I'm looking for something I can fit her fit under the seat or in the Ramboxes.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have always found bottlejacks are very hard to use because of the small surface area. Where do you guys aim it?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Neat idea but all I see is four different leaks that needs repairing.

SShadow1974

Reaction score

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I my issues I have with bottle jacks is the small footprint and sinking into the ground if you aren't in hard pack or pavement, or easy to tip over for same reasons, or on uneven ground. Sure you can carry a chunk or wood or something for a bae, and a shovel to level ground, but that's just more stuff to have to carry.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's the same exact one I bought in 2021.
It broke sitting under my table doing nothing. Oil was everywhere. Was $71 back then.
Never even got a chance to use it.
That sucks. I've had mine since 2017. I love the wide flat base. It doesn't sink if used on dirt/ground. The safety lock is great since it's half bottle jack, half jack stand. The only thing I don't like is the the short pump handle. I've used it on my Pathfinder, but I haven't used it on the Ram yet. Right now it's just an emergency tool for long road trips. I primarily use HF low profile long reach 3T jack.

Users who are viewing this thread