5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OEM electric running board delete

JefffromND

Reaction score
New to the group; I have a '22 Ram 2500 Mega cab with rear air ride and I'd like to remove the factory electric entry steps and install fixed steps for better paint protection as I drive a lot of gravel. Does anyone know if it can be re-programmed so I don't get DTC's or notifications eveytime I start it? If so, could you point me in the right direction? Local dealer says it can't be done.
Thanks in advance.

wcprice

Reaction score
I know that you can program a ram without them to have and use them so I don’t see why you couldn’t go the other way.

I wonder if the 2500 auto steps would fit the 1500s. I’ve wanted to add them to mine. If they are interchangeable I’d be interested in yours. Or swapping if you like the chrome tube style.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2500 and 3500 trucks are still gen 4. So, they might fit 2019+ Classics, but not 5th Gen 1500.

Users who are viewing this thread