5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OEM Bed Mat Defect?

alvinm

Reaction score
I purchased a Ram bed mat for the 5'7" bed (82215784AB) which came rolled up from the dealer so I didn't see it's condition until I got home. It's a nice heavy mat but it has all kinds of visible imperfections everywhere, so I was wondering if this was normal or defective.

Last edited:

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a Westin bed mat from Carid. Looks like 3 different "pours" of used tires (looks like craaaap) and believe it was not the correct mat for the new body style based on fit. Neither returned my email and hence will never buy from either. I have one in my 2001 Dodge SLT and looks great and the fit is spot on, can't find a brand. Progress!
Sorry for your troubles/concerns. I kept the mat as it was not worth the hassle but never miss an opportunity to pass on my experience.

alvinm

Reaction score
Yes, it looks like repurposed tires were used or something. Definitely not visible from web photos

Attachments

• 20210308_182836.jpg
    20210308_182836.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 20210308_182756.jpg
    20210308_182756.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 49

taz2016

Reaction score
I can't comment on the OEM but I ordered a "2nd" off Ebay for 50 or 60 dollars and it showed similar defects. They actually sent me a 2nd one because the 1st one had a tear. It also had visual defects but then it was a "2nd". For my purposes it's fine because it will just get more marked up from use.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dee Zee bed mat. Good price. Great fit. Not too thick. No imperfections.

alvinm

Reaction score
I was looking for one but nobody had it in stock at the time. Had good reviews too.

alvinm

Reaction score
I can't comment on the OEM but I ordered a "2nd" off Ebay for 50 or 60 dollars and it showed similar defects. They actually sent me a 2nd one because the 1st one had a tear. It also had visual defects but then it was a "2nd". For my purposes it's fine because it will just get more marked up from use.
Was it the one that says RAM in the middle of the mat? Apparently there's one that has the logo and says RAM. Looks good in pictures.

taz2016

Reaction score
Was it the one that says RAM in the middle of the mat? Apparently there's one that has the logo and says RAM. Looks good in pictures.
No Ram name on it. I don't remember the brand but it was made in the USA.

alvinm

Reaction score
Well I went back to the dealer and they ordered me a new mat. I guess I'll find out in a week or so whether they all have the same blemishes.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Smartliner Bed Mat Looks to have jump up in price a tad since I purchased mine about 6 months ago.
April 2020 $116.20.
Price of oil going up?
Nice product - demand up? They know what they have?
It definitely looks, feels and more flexible than my 2 other bed mats that appear to be made from tires.
I'm very happy with the Smartliner mat.

Users who are viewing this thread