5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OEM Bed divider

ponypride

Reaction score
So if we ordered the Bed Utility Group, do we get this divider?

Echance01

Reaction score
Looking on the official site it lists the Bed Utility group as an $845 option. Coming with the following items:

Bed Utility Group
$845
INCLUDES:
4 Adjustable Cargo Tie-Down Hooks
LED Bed Lighting
Spray-In Bedliner
Truck Bed Cargo Divider

So am i supposed to get the divider or not? I bought my truck today with this option and the dealer looked at me like i was crazy. Should I be calling someone??

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking on the official site it lists the Bed Utility group as an $845 option. Coming with the following items:

Bed Utility Group
$845
INCLUDES:
4 Adjustable Cargo Tie-Down Hooks
LED Bed Lighting
Spray-In Bedliner
Truck Bed Cargo Divider

So am i supposed to get the divider or not? I bought my truck today with this option and the dealer looked at me like i was crazy. Should I be calling someone??
No, as far as I know no one has got the bed divider and it appears you only get it with he rambox and bed utility group when ordered together.

JonnyQuest

Reaction score

This is the bed divider that comes with the bed utility group and ram box. I am not sure what you have.
That video says “Do not exceed 150lbs on the tailgate”. Does that mean a grown man cannot sit or stand on the tailgate???

Rob

Reaction score
That is the oem divider. The pictured divider is only for ram box beds. That’s a full mopar made in house product. The one for non ram box beds is outsourced but it is what you get from the dealer. And yes it does feel flimsy compared to the ram box unit. I’ve had both

bohaiboy

Reaction score

This is the bed divider that comes with the bed utility group and ram box. I am not sure what you have.
Alacomb, I just got a new 2019 Laramie. It has the RAMBOX and the rails with the tie down knobs. Shouldn't it have come with the locking divider also? I am not sure what BUG means in this case. Dealer gave me a used 2018 model that came from a wreck and it seems to work, but it is visually very dirty. Thanks and Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays

bohaiboy

Reaction score
No, as far as I know no one has got the bed divider and it appears you only get it with he rambox and bed utility group when ordered together.
So does anyone know the price of the divider separately?

Rob

Reaction score
All rambox trucks should come
With that divider. It’s an extender and divider in one. I’ve had 3 rams in the past with rambox. It’s standard with it.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Alacomb, I just got a new 2019 Laramie. It has the RAMBOX and the rails with the tie down knobs. Shouldn't it have come with the locking divider also? I am not sure what BUG means in this case. Dealer gave me a used 2018 model that came from a wreck and it seems to work, but it is visually very dirty. Thanks and Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays
BUG = Bed Utility Group and I sent believe its safe to assume you should have got the bed divider just because you got the rails and the tie down knobs because I sure didn't lol and I have the rails and knobs.

gibbynd

Reaction score
The only problem with this is that if you have a tonneau cover especially the Mopar trifold or anything that has a larger handle underneath the top of the rail for the divider will not let you open or close the tonneau

ponypride

Reaction score
I just want to make sure I understand this. When you have
the Rambox the bed has the insert with the vertical groves, where a divider will sit. I have the BUG with the spray in liner and it does not have the vertical
groves to hold a divider. Thus, my only option is to
purchase the divider above that rides along the rails?

gibbynd

Reaction score
I just want to make sure I understand this. When you have
the Rambox the bed has the insert with the vertical groves, where a divider will sit. I have the BUG with the spray in liner and it does not have the vertical
groves to hold a divider. Thus, my only option is to
purchase the divider above that rides along the rails?
That is right. Also if you have a tonneau the rails for the dvidedr screw into the utility rails. These rails sit higher up and impeded my tonneau handles.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All rambox trucks should come
With that divider. It’s an extender and divider in one. I’ve had 3 rams in the past with rambox. It’s standard with it.

I believe Ram separated those options with the 2019 DT 1500. The divider no longer comes as part of the Ram Box package.

citpyrkf

Reaction score
So I got this as well and just installed it. It looks like it pretty good. I really like that its easy to swing up so you can get it out of the way. I believe the extra parts are for the installing this in older Rams. The instructions don't even reference these parts. I ended up with the following extra parts

1 - #6 X 3/8 Truss Head Phillips Screw
8 - Cargo Nuts
8 - 10-24 x1/2 scres w/NYLOCK ( I think that's what they are, but there are supposed to be 9)

So the bed divider is very cool. My only issue is that it kinda slides around on the track with very little force. I think the theory is to use the 4 cargo tie downs to hold them in place, but that's not really ideal. Maybe some one here has come input. Thanks,

Part3.jpg Part1.jpg Part2.jpg

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Look for rectangular holes at discrete intervals along each rail. The divider has at each end a spring loaded rectangular shaped rod that will fit into the holes. Once engaged, you have to squeeze the two stubs that stick up on the top left side of the divider to disengage. The spring loaded rod ends do not easily engage the holes, when you get the divider near the hole set you wish to use, you kind to have to jiggle it a little. Once engaged, though, they stay put. I like mine a lot, especially like the feature of being able to swing it up horizontal to the bed so you can slide in long objects. And by the way, if you figure out what to do with those eight silver pieces of metal, please let me know. That stumps me!

Users who are viewing this thread