5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OEM Bed divider

SacRebel

Reaction score
I experienced the same thing as citpyrkf, the rails seem to move regardless how tight you get it.

If anyone in Sacramento wants it I'll sell it for $175. Never used and already assembled.

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I experienced the same thing as citpyrkf, the rails seem to move regardless how tight you get it.

If anyone in Sacramento wants it I'll sell it for $175. Never used and already assembled.
Put a rubber washer behind the nut. It will stop all movement. Worked for me.

reigninslayer

Reaction score
Can someone confirm. Will the Mopar OEM bed divider work with the side rails that came with my 2019 RAM CC with the bed utility group? Pictures of the divider show two rails come with it?

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can someone confirm. Will the Mopar OEM bed divider work with the side rails that came with my 2019 RAM CC with the bed utility group? Pictures of the divider show two rails come with it?

You need the bed rails for the Bed Divider to work.... there are two currently for sale in the Buy/Sale/Trade Forum

j517

Reaction score
Look for rectangular holes at discrete intervals along each rail. The divider has at each end a spring loaded rectangular shaped rod that will fit into the holes. Once engaged, you have to squeeze the two stubs that stick up on the top left side of the divider to disengage. The spring loaded rod ends do not easily engage the holes, when you get the divider near the hole set you wish to use, you kind to have to jiggle it a little. Once engaged, though, they stay put. I like mine a lot, especially like the feature of being able to swing it up horizontal to the bed so you can slide in long objects. And by the way, if you figure out what to do with those eight silver pieces of metal, please let me know. That stumps me!
Spare parts the tabs are in the inner portion of the rails

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Toolive65

Reaction score
Received the bed divider today from the dealer. Installed. Feels useful now that I can put grocery in the back and hold it down with the divider.

Install is easy however menu is not very thorough. Got a lot of screws and spacers don’t know where to put in.

Anyone installed this yet? Know where those spacer should be used?

Thanks.
This is the exact same system from the Roll n Lock bed cover. I purchased it a few years ago for my Ford. The Mopar must have acquired rights to in now. But just suprised they renamed it. Sorry didnt answer you a question. Didn't know which spacers you were speaking of.

knightwolf007

Reaction score

This is the bed divider that comes with the bed utility group and ram box. I am not sure what you have.
I ordered the bed utility group on my 2021, and it does not come with a divider...it should IMO. But this is the divider advertised on RAMs website

MikeLockwood

Reaction score
I finally got min installed on my 2019 yesterday. For me it was a bit of work because I also have the BakFlip MX Tonneau cover and the clamps created some issues. I posted about it here.

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
Installed mine and then removed it and am using a big plastic storage container instead. So mine is just collecting dust.

I would sell it but to hard to ship.

PaulieWalnutz

Reaction score
Installed mine and then removed it and am using a big plastic storage container instead. So mine is just collecting dust.

I would sell it but to hard to ship.
U should post it in classifieds here local pickup only

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered the bed utility group on my 2021, and it does not come with a divider...it should IMO. But this is the divider advertised on RAMs website
My understanding is that to get the Cargo Divider on the latest Ram 1500s (DT platform), one must order BOTH the Bed Utility Group and Ram Boxes.
It is confusing that Ram made that change, when on the Classic (DS platform) 1500s, the Cargo Divider came as part of the Ram Box package. But when I ordered my 2020 1500 a little over a year ago, it was clear that I had to order both Ram Box and BUG options in order to get the divider. That's how it worked for me, and I'm very happy I did it, because I use & love my Ram Boxes and my Cargo Divider.

knightwolf007

Reaction score
doing some research, the one ram sells right now is kind of crappy. It doesnt offer the bed extension option. Its literally just the gate that attaches to the rail of the tie downs. Something due to safety or some crap. I wanted one in order to somewhat secure Fuel jerry cans so they didnt slide around. But I think I am just going to order some jerry can holders and bolt them to the bed of the truck behind the wheel wells; one to each side.

Scottygolf

Reaction score
I was looking into something for my 2021 and could find anything that looked like it would work well for the money. I just use a 2X6 which I cut in the length of the bed. Slides in and out when I need it.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
doing some research, the one ram sells right now is kind of crappy. It doesnt offer the bed extension option. Its literally just the gate that attaches to the rail of the tie downs. Something due to safety or some crap. I wanted one in order to somewhat secure Fuel jerry cans so they didnt slide around. But I think I am just going to order some jerry can holders and bolt them to the bed of the truck behind the wheel wells; one to each side.
I recall seeing a few months ago a posting somewhere on 5thgenrams that someone had figured out a handful of inexpensive parts one can order from Mopar, and the current (DT platform) 1500 can then utilize the Cargo Divider as a bed extender. The parts screw right into existing threaded holes in the tailgate structure. If I recall correctly, the poster gave the Mopar part numbers to buy.

mike90

Reaction score
Hi. I'm about to pick up these rail kits and install them.
Once installed these should acommodate the cargo divider correct? It's confusing because the pictures of parts that come with the cargo divider appears to show rails that come with it. But can I disregard those rails if I already have the Mopar Utility Bed Rails installed? Thanks

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi. I'm about to pick up these rail kits and install them.
Once installed these should acommodate the cargo divider correct? It's confusing because the pictures of parts that come with the cargo divider appears to show rails that come with it. But can I disregard those rails if I already have the Mopar Utility Bed Rails installed? Thanks
You need both, the rails from the cargo divider attach to the bed rails, I believe. Do some research prior to buying the cargo divider. I believe the cargo divider conflicts with some tonneau covers because of the way they attach on top of the cargo rails. I have seen some reselling of the cargo divider.
Check the Amazon reviews for more info.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I recall seeing a few months ago a posting somewhere on 5thgenrams that someone had figured out a handful of inexpensive parts one can order from Mopar, and the current (DT platform) 1500 can then utilize the Cargo Divider as a bed extender. The parts screw right into existing threaded holes in the tailgate structure. If I recall correctly, the poster gave the Mopar part numbers to buy.
You need these to convert the rambox bed divider into a bed extender. Two of each...
68054996AA (Swivel release-handle)
68054997AB (Pivot joint-grommet)

Users who are viewing this thread