5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OEM aux switches upgrade?

Holeshot

Reaction score
Hi guys, I own a '19 rebel and added led lights up front but couldn't make up my mind with drilling in the dash. Even though I did that on 2 brand new jeeps I had in the past, it just doesn't work for the rebel. Go figure :unsure:

Anyway's I'd like something as oem looking as possible. I know gen 4's could install the switch banks from the chassis cab trucks. Anyone did that in a 5th gen?

I have seen a line on the Zautomotive website, in the description of the TazerDT saying ''Enable Aux switch settings on the radio ''. So I guess its possible?

And down here, a picture of my light setup

Attachments

• HQSE9615.JPG
    HQSE9615.JPG
    188.5 KB · Views: 361

Konrad

Reaction score
Hi guys, I own a '19 rebel and added led lights up front but couldn't make up my mind with drilling in the dash. Even though I did that on 2 brand new jeeps I had in the past, it just doesn't work for the rebel. Go figure :unsure:

Anyway's I'd like something as oem looking as possible. I know gen 4's could install the switch banks from the chassis cab trucks. Anyone did that in a 5th gen?

I have seen a line on the Zautomotive website, in the description of the TazerDT saying ''Enable Aux switch settings on the radio ''. So I guess its possible?

And down here, a picture of my light setup

No idea about the switches, but that's one good looking set of lights you have there, sir!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

renzo2213

Reaction score
I wonder if we could pop out the two unused blank buttons by the hazard light button to place two light switches. Would be an ideal spot. But I’ve seen people get a Bluetooth switch for the lights and connecting the lights to their home link garage buttons on the visors

74e35c2499c6dd57544010e6ddb98378.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I didn't want to run any wires into the interior so I use a remote switch unit. STL wireless remote.

Holeshot

Reaction score
I also asked ZAutomotive on facebook and they say we can buy the buttons for the 5th gen's, and enable the radio to display the options to program the switches with the tazer DT

Wpg_BigHorn

Reaction score
Did you guys test this out ? Anyone got a part number for the switch bank with tow/haul and traction control only on the top two rows ?

TY !

HawkUH60

Reaction score
I also asked ZAutomotive on facebook and they say we can buy the buttons for the 5th gen's, and enable the radio to display the options to program the switches with the tazer DT
Do you have a link to that post?

Nick57

Reaction score
I would also like to switch out my switches to these. It's the only thing I'm not too happy with about my truck.

Users who are viewing this thread