5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OEM and aftermarket oil filters

zlman

Reaction score
Best source for reasonably priced filters? In the past I found good deals from a online supplier but I guess I didn't save the link and google hasn't been real helpful.
Not sure yet if I will stick with OEM or my favorite WIX.

DesertRebel

Reaction score
I've always used Wix filters on previous vehicles...

Someone posted that aftermarket filters could void warranty - due to valve in Mopar filte is this a thing with Chrysler/Ram?... Wix are quality filters
Walmart sells MOPAR filters now; so that is where I go.
Who makes MOPAR's filters? I have to imagine they are re-branded from some other company.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Best source for reasonably priced filters? In the past I found good deals from a online supplier but I guess I didn't save the link and google hasn't been real helpful.
These days, I lean towards Amazon.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just in case you need the OEM filter model #s: Filter from first oil change is 04892339AA / 50048919 which is the MO 339. FYI K&N filter is HP-1017 which has the "wrench off" feature on the filter.

Twister

Reaction score
been using the mobile one filters and penzoil synthetic, buying from Amazon

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've always used Napa Gold or WIX on my vehicles. Just depends where I get them from and if I need to order other stuff at the same time or not. The bonus for me is that AMSOIL recently started selling WIX filters

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

popcenator

Reaction score
Redline 5w20 or 5w30 with a Royal Purple filter for my first oil change and from then on for me. I usually just go Amazon for the filter.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Idc for mopar filters unless it’s the srt one. I’d dare say it..... I would put a motorcraft filter before a reg mopar. M1 is what I use for this truck

Users who are viewing this thread