5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Odometer Problem ?

AtlasRam1500

Reaction score
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 5.7 hemi.

I do not know if this is a problem but it seems weird . i had parked my trucked and came back out to clean the inside. i open the door power came on the dash and i notice my odometer roll forward about 3-6 miles automatically. (with no power /accessory on truck not running.) this surprise me and i though i was seeing things . i try to get it to duplicate it several time over the week but could not till today shut the truck off . came back out to the truck open the door and saw it move again about 2 miles. next time hope to video this. it hard to get it to duplicate. but it putting extra miles on my truck. unless the computer is correct and odometer is delayed of receiving the Odometer information at time

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 5.7 hemi.

I do not know if this is a problem but it seems weird . i had parked my trucked and came back out to clean the inside. i open the door power came on the dash and i notice my odometer roll forward about 3-6 miles automatically. (with no power /accessory on truck not running.) this surprise me and i though i was seeing things . i try to get it to duplicate it several time over the week but could not till today shut the truck off . came back out to the truck open the door and saw it move again about 2 miles. next time hope to video this. it hard to get it to duplicate. but it putting extra miles on my truck. unless the computer is correct and odometer is delayed of receiving the Odometer information at time

Don't believe there's a problem. It's a fancy UI element to show off the graphics, just like how the Limited logo glows and crackles blue when starting.
What mine does is after a sufficient time off, the odo will start less than current mileage and spin forward to the current number. The actual odo reading doesn't change, they are just giving you a show when you start the truck.

AtlasRam1500

Reaction score
Don't believe there's a problem. It's a fancy UI element to show off the graphics, just like how the Limited logo glows and crackles blue when starting.
What mine does is after a sufficient time off, the odo will start less than current mileage and spin forward to the current number. The actual odo reading doesn't change, they are just giving you a show when you start the truck.
thanks
i thought it was kinda normal but was not sure

Mjrosay

Reaction score
Same! Just freaked me out. I can replicate it by sitting in the car. Let the screen go dark. Then open a door or something to wake it up. Agreed it’s just a show and rolls to the same numbers.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Saw this yesterday in a REBEL .. I was like, THIS is what everyone is talking about .. then I realized. When I opened the driver's door, the odometer started at ZERO and rolled up to the current mileage (the 1st time I saw it, it only looked like it rolled from 830 to 870 - there is another thread showing the same issue as the OP on here - Mjrosay).

Users who are viewing this thread