5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Odometer just started spinning up

hup5150

Reaction score
Got a 19 Ram only a couple months old. got in to go to work today and I pulled out of my driveway looked at the odometer and it said 1275. And I thought to myself wow, I already got 1,200 miles on my truck.
When I got to work which is 25 mi away, I got out and I hit the lock button on the door and I happen to be glancing in the truck and I saw the odometer wheels spinning and I'm like what the heck, and I stuck my face in there and watched it tick up to 1455!! What the heck is going on? Is anyone else experienced this??

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Got a 19 Ram only a couple months old. got in to go to work today and I pulled out of my driveway looked at the odometer and it said 1275. And I thought to myself wow, I already got 1,200 miles on my truck.
When I got to work which is 25 mi away, I got out and I hit the lock button on the door and I happen to be glancing in the truck and I saw the odometer wheels spinning and I'm like what the heck, and I stuck my face in there and watched it tick up to 1455!! What the heck is going on? Is anyone else experienced this??
Wow...no! I’d report that ASAP, as I can see where odometer discrepancies will be difficult to address and can affect resale/title down the road.

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
The numbers appear to spin when you open the door (display is programmed that way...

I would be concerned about the # of Mike's it appears to be ticking off

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

hup5150

Reaction score
The numbers appear to spin when you open the door (display is programmed that way...

I would be concerned about the # of Mike's it appears to be ticking off

Yeah, i only drove 25 miles. Now i have to keep track of my miles Everytime i drive somewhere to see if I'm getting ripped off. What a pain.

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
Only other thing I can think of is, if you are on Trip where it us showing tenths.that would make your 25 mile trip about 18 miles

hup5150

Reaction score
No update. Just been watching it. It hasn't happened again. Weird.

Shorty1315

Reaction score

This happened to me this morning, although not as extreme. My odometer ticked from 904 to 906. I tried to replicate it sitting in the garage, but could not. Like you said, a royal pain, but need to keep an eye on it every time I drive at this point. Need to try and get a video...

P.s. Didn't see a thread on this so I had started another here

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread