5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Odometer jump?

Shorty1315

Reaction score
So I just got home from the dealership because they were supposed to be fixing some things (which didn't happen, long story...) and sent me time in my truck instead. Anyways, I parked in the garage and realized I was angled just slightly so that w couldn't open the fridge in the garage. I jumped back in to reposition the truck and before I started it up I watched the odometer tick from 904 to 906... What?!? The truck wasn't even on. Was it just a delayed update on the display or is something else going on? I have had plenty of weird things going (which is why I was trying for the second time to bring it back to the dealership) but this might top the cake. Any ideas on this?

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I just got home from the dealership because they were supposed to be fixing some things (which didn't happen, long story...) and sent me time in my truck instead. Anyways, I parked in the garage and realized I was angled just slightly so that w couldn't open the fridge in the garage. I jumped back in to reposition the truck and before I started it up I watched the odometer tick from 904 to 906... What?!? The truck wasn't even on. Was it just a delayed update on the display or is something else going on? I have had plenty of weird things going (which is why I was trying for the second time to bring it back to the dealership) but this might top the cake. Any ideas on this?
Hmmm, do you live in Southern California? Maybe your house moved?:) Sorry, could not help myself. Anyway, that does sound wierd. I would keep an eye on it and if continues to happen, take it to the dealer.

Shorty1315

Reaction score
Hmmm, do you live in Southern California? Maybe your house moved?:) Sorry, could not help myself. Anyway, that does sound wierd. I would keep an eye on it and if continues to happen, take it to the dealer.

Lol, no I don't. I guess it is just one more item to add to the growing list of things the dealer needs to look at...

Danieln99

Reaction score
Lol, no I don't. I guess it is just one more item to add to the growing list of things the dealer needs to look at...
Thats just how they are. The temp gauges do the same thing when you turn the key on. Its not adding miles. Just going back to where is was when you shut it off.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Saw this yesterday in a REBEL .. I was like, THIS is what everyone is talking about .. then I realized. When I opened the driver's door, the odometer started at ZERO and rolled up to the current mileage (the 1st time I saw it, it only looked like it rolled from 834 to 874)

I watched it over and over again .. it is "designed" to give you an animated show when getting in.

Users who are viewing this thread