5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Odd Parking Brake and brake pedal issue.

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Long time lurker first time Thread poster.

I have a 2021 quad cab Longhorn 4x4. Pretty basic truck. I bought it back in Jan 21 when rebates were good.

I typically only use the parking brake on a hill. Not really a flat ground user.

At first when i would en-guage the parking brake you could feel it kind of suck down the pedal. Which i took as normal. Then when i got back in i would have to pull the PB button for it to release. Normal pedal pressure.

Then all of the sudden when i could set it, when i went to put it into gear it would automatically release, It did that for like 3 months.

Starting 3 weeks ago, sometimes when i would get in the truck, no PB set, I would step on the brake pedal and it would be super stiff. I would have to put massive effort to press down to get the truck to start, then the pedal went back to normal. However when it did this it parking break would auto release.

Now since moving and parking on a hill in the drive way. I use the Parking break on a regular basis, I also have the Heavy pedal to start the truck and it is not auto releasing.

Has anyone else noticed this strange occurrence? It seems strange for the pressure to change and also for it to auto release and then stop auto releasing.

Thank you for any insight.

John

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Do you have the auto parking brake enabled ?
The only time mine doesn't release automatically is if I haven't buckled my seat belt or my door is ajar .

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The heavy pedal in the morning points to a vacuum leak in the brake booster

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
think there is some kind of "hill assist" nonsense, if I park at my storage unit that is on a pretty good incline, (30 degree), then when I get in I have to manually release the break.

Reaction score
think there is some kind of "hill assist" nonsense, if I park at my storage unit that is on a pretty good incline, (30 degree), then when I get in I have to manually release the break.
I have had the issue happen on both flat ground and hill.

Reaction score
I guess i will have to find a way to duplicate the issue so it is easy to show them and take it to the dealer. ???

Users who are viewing this thread