5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Odd issue with 2023 Rebel

BTB123

Reaction score
I was pulling into my garage which is a tight fit with my wife’s Highlander and my boat. My proximity sensors always alert when pulling in. As I got close my truck basically froze. Gas pedal did nothing. I couldn’t move. This was not the auto brake. No brake warning popped up.
I put it in park and back to drive and I was able to pull forward again.
Anyone have this issue before?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Turn off your parking sensors to stop you from moving.
One time it stopped me in the middle of a parking lot because of thought the curb 15 feet away was going to get hit (I was backing up fast)

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
For me the parking sensors are redundant with the surround view cameras, so I shut them off. Even without surround view I'd shut off the rear sensors and use the backup camera for tight parking situations.

BTB123

Reaction score
For me the parking sensors are redundant with the surround view cameras, so I shut them off. Even without surround view I'd shut off the rear sensors and use the backup camera for tight parking situations.
I have pulled into this spot 100 times and have never experienced this. It was really odd.

Derrick-23

Reaction score
Mine put itself in park today when I threatened a traffic cone that was placed on the corner of a concrete divider. Had to reselect reverse to get it to go again. Better safe…?

Users who are viewing this thread