5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

October dealer incentives??

ericd

Reaction score
Hey everyone. My friend is negotiating on a 2021 limited right now. MSRP is about $74k. The dealer is telling him he has to pay sticker and they won’t even budge a little with tax and tag. I understand the inventory shortage right now and them no budging, but shouldn’t he still be at least getting some dodge cash off?
Thanks

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tell him to go to a different dealer. That’s just one of the many dealers that doesn’t offer any deals right now. There are plenty of trucks available out there and plenty of dealers willing to give a deal to make the sale. Tax and tag you will probably be stuck paying there’s no getting out of paying tax but a lot of dealers will give you incentives right now

ericd

Reaction score
Tell him to go to a different dealer. That’s just one of the many dealers that doesn’t offer any deals right now. There are plenty of trucks available out there and plenty of dealers willing to give a deal to make the sale. Tax and tag you will probably be stuck paying there’s no getting out of paying tax but a lot of dealers will give you incentives right now
Yea it’s tough. I’ve been searching for him for a while. What hes looking for is very specific so there’s not a lot available with his options.

aussie_ram

Reaction score
Yea it’s tough. I’ve been searching for him for a while. What hes looking for is very specific so there’s not a lot available with his options.
Probably best to do a custom order in that case, still some dealers doing invoice and below for 2022's

aussie_ram

Reaction score
Have the time frames been crazy on orders lately?
Yep ... so it's a trade off, wait a while but get exactly what you want at a good price, or get something now but pay through the nose for it

12-16 weeks is what we are all being quoted currently from order date

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
An order will also be a 2022 vs the 2021 he is looking at.

Seabass4592

Reaction score
Man, I sure am glad I went ahead and bought in April! I got about $6k off. Feel for these guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben1500GT

Reaction score
Ordered my ‘22 around Labor Day and it is MRSP with no incentives. If the dealer has some ram coupons at the time of delivery I’m told then will give me what they can, but for the new orders it’s going to be harder to find a deal. Looks like you can find some 21’s with good incentives right now though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Hey everyone. My friend is negotiating on a 2021 limited right now. MSRP is about $74k. The dealer is telling him he has to pay sticker and they won’t even budge a little with tax and tag. I understand the inventory shortage right now and them no budging, but shouldn’t he still be at least getting some dodge cash off?
Thanks
where do you live (doesn't really matter) everyone seems to be going here

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yep ... so it's a trade off, wait a while but get exactly what you want at a good price, or get something now but pay through the nose for it

12-16 weeks is what we are all being quoted currently from order date
Wait times have been greatly underestimated for 22's. But now that production is up and running on them, maybe the wait times will start to come back down. My biggest concern if I were ordering now is the parts shortages (not just on computer chips). If I needed to buy right now and found a '21 on a lot that was equipped how I wanted, I'd be willing to pay MSRP.

Users who are viewing this thread