5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oct Rebates

Mohab

Reaction score
Should I buy this weekend or wait for October rebates they may be better?!

Lonestar21

Reaction score
You never know what they will be until they come out it’s all speculations.
If you can get a good decent price now and you found the truck you like I would just do it.
At the end of the day there’s always going to be a better deal along the way it’s part of the game

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Should I buy this weekend or wait for October rebates they may be better?!

Always speculation, but I would have thought they would have increased the incentives last month and they didn't. I'd be surprised if we didn't see some kind of increase this month. Not sure there is any harm in waiting less than a week to find out.

Lonestar21

Reaction score
Always speculation, but I would have thought they would have increased the incentives last month and they didn't. I'd be surprised if we didn't see some kind of increase this month. Not sure there is any harm in waiting less than a week to find out.

I would say it will be the same for the new models being that it’s a 2019 going into 2019. I don’t know how much higher they can offer being a new model it might go up for 2018’s but who knows.
I got about $5000 off in rebates last month plus $8500 dealer discount.
Now my dealership is offering the same rebates plus $9000 dealer discount.

If you want the truck try getting a better dealer discount to maximize your savings and take the rebate That’s available now

Good luck

Mohab

Reaction score
I would say it will be the same for the new models being that it’s a 2019 going into 2019. I don’t know how much higher they can offer being a new model it might go up for 2018’s but who knows.

If you want the truck try getting a better dealer discount to maximize your savings and take the rebate That’s available now

Good luck
That is a sweet deal ! What trim is that truck ? I am already shopping far from my state FL to get good deal and to find what I want , I know dealers are more aggressive by end of the month , for limited trim I couldn't get more that 3k rebate and 7 k discount

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Good luck

You could be right. However, the Limited incentive is only 1,500 currently. Canada saw an increase the US did not last month I believe. I'm not in the same boat as the OP, as I ordered and can only benefit from potential better incentives in October. If the OP is happy with a deal that expires this month prior to the next month mystery incentives, then by all means pull the trigger. We had a poster on the forum have that exact scenario last month and they scored extra money at the end of the month that they would have lost had they waited for the September incentives hoping they were better. So you are correct it is no guarantee at all.

Lonestar21

Reaction score
That is a sweet deal ! What trim is that truck ? I am already shopping far from my state FL to get good deal and to find what I want , I know dealers are more aggressive by end of the month , for limited trim I couldn't get more that 3k rebate and 7 k discount

I have a big horn and I’m located in California
And yeah I get what you mean I saw my dealership is offering the 9k off discount and the same up to 3750 qualifying rebates for the limited your looking for.

But it never hurts waiting to see if the rebates increase hopefully it works out

Bas

Reaction score
You could be right. However, the Limited incentive is only 1,500 currently. Canada saw an increase the US did not last month I believe. I'm not in the same boat as the OP, as I ordered and can only benefit from potential better incentives in October. If the OP is happy with a deal that expires this month prior to the next month mystery incentives, then by all means pull the trigger. We had a poster on the forum have that exact scenario last month and they scored extra money at the end of the month that they would have lost had they waited for the September incentives hoping they were better. So you are correct it is no guarantee at all.

For a factory order the dealer I talked to would lock in the price including rebates like the current $1500 customer cash one when you place the order, not when it gets delivered. At delivery time rebates like Penfed, Sam's club etc would be evaluated and subtracted. I am looking at the Limited and trying to figure out if I should wait or not. A local dealer told me he could not place a factory order right now because I want the eTorque and apparently you can't currently build those.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For a factory order the dealer I talked to would lock in the price including rebates like the current $1500 customer cash one when you place the order, not when it gets delivered. At delivery time rebates like Penfed, Sam's club etc would be evaluated and subtracted. I am looking at the Limited and trying to figure out if I should wait or not. A local dealer told me he could not place a factory order right now because I want the eTorque and apparently you can't currently build those.

That's up to you and your dealer if that's the deal they are offering. Myself, and I know some others on here, have deals with our dealers that I'm guaranteed the rebates from when I ordered (there is order protection I believe) or I can take advantage of better incentives at the time of delivery.

Bwarren2

Reaction score

Why cant you build an etorque? I've seen a ton of etorques come into dealer lots larely

Bas

Reaction score
That's up to you and your dealer if that's the deal they are offering. Myself, and I know some others on here, have deals with our dealers that I'm guaranteed the rebates from when I ordered (there is order protection I believe) or I can take advantage of better incentives at the time of delivery.
I was that as well, this is what I was told by Dennis Dillon

Bas

Reaction score
Why cant you build an etorque? I've seen a ton of etorques come into dealer lots larely
The local dealer said he could not give me a quote on a factor build one because 'the system' wouldn't let him build any trim with an etorque.

Mike67

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me, trying to order and told me I have to wait 10/05 for the allotment to open, whatever that means.

JoeRam

Reaction score
I placed a factory order which included eTorque last week of Aug, it was built on Sept 24th. Not sure why one can not place order now. I do know my dealer told me at time of order they would be ramping up dealer orders for ‘19 inventory, possibly the eTorque has bee over extended on orders

TimG

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with my dealer..... I was supposed to pick up my truck today, but he wants me to wait for the October rebates to hit. He said he was told they will be better than Aug/Sept ones. I figure its been 140 days, what's another 2?

xo151

Reaction score
I went into the dealer to place an order last Friday on a Laramie Sport. None of the etorque engines were available to order. I left without an order.

Rammer76

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with my dealer..... I was supposed to pick up my truck today, but he wants me to wait for the October rebates to hit. He said he was told they will be better than Aug/Sept ones. I figure its been 140 days, what's another 2?
My truck came in Sunday but I decided to wait as well. Here's to hoping it works out tomorrow!

1Raider

Reaction score
I couldn’t pick mine up today either,dealer is gonna let me grab the new rebates even know they wanted to date it back to last month to help with there numbers. Not sure how that works but ok. Lol

Nova

Reaction score
So... just checked ramtrucks.com and all of the cash incentives are gone. All that's there is a 4.16% for 60 month offer. Hoping they just haven't finished updating the new ones yet, otherwise that's quite a slap in the face.

TimG

Reaction score
So... just checked ramtrucks.com and all of the cash incentives are gone. All that's there is a 4.16% for 60 month offer. Hoping they just haven't finished updating the new ones yet, otherwise that's quite a slap in the face.
Same thing happened last time. It usually takes a couple days to get the website fully updated for each model. I'd imagine that it should be good to go by Thursday. I guess if you are really impatient you can just call the incentive office (1-800-227-0757) and see what they say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online