5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OBDII splitter

jchuchla

Reaction score
I tried searching here but wasn't coming up with an answer. I'm looking to add an OBDII splitter so that i can have my powersteps connected all the time without keeping something plugged into the factory connector mounted under the dash. I'm hoping for a splitter with the female end that can be mounted where the factory connector is so that i can keep the tap for the powersteps tucked up under the dash. There's a lot of splitters out on the market. Can anyone point out a particular splitter that will mount where the factory connector is?

Ratchet

Reaction score
I'd find a different power source if I were you. That circuit you're attempting to use isn't designed to power accessories.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why would you have power steps hooked up to the OBDII port?

jchuchla

Reaction score
The Amp Research Power steps plug into both the OBDII port as well as the data buss block inside the dash. That's how they get their trigger when to deploy/retract. Those connections don't power them. They get their power separately from a fused tap off the battery. The only power they take from the OBDII port is to power the little logic chip that translates from the data bus to the trigger lines.

jchuchla

Reaction score
Thanks. There are a ton of different options out there when I google it. I was hoping to get a link to one that we know will snap right into the stock bracket under the dash.

Users who are viewing this thread