5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OBD2 Scanner That Can Read Misfires?

guitarjesus

Reaction score
I've always used TorquePro before my Ram and it suited me well. I've had a misfire across multiple cylinders with cylinder 2 being the worst. Check engine light came on, and now it's gone.

Mode 6 data can see the misfire counts but it's not live data.

Does anyone know a different scanner that works with Chrysler ECM's or what PID to add to Torque?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Torque should have no problem seeing misfies.
Also any handheld scanner like the inture or trinty series can also, along with logging it to a file to view later to compare to other parameters.

guitarjesus

Reaction score
Torque should have no problem seeing misfies.
Also any handheld scanner like the inture or trinty series can also, along with logging it to a file to view later to compare to other parameters.
So I have OBDLink, which is from the maker of the OBDLink MX, which I have. It pulls misfires in mode $06 but not in real time.

TorquePro does the same, but the amounts are way off, and I believe it's because TorquePro doesn't have the correct PID's for Chrysler.

I want to see in real time, not once a cycle is complete.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Real time? Even at 1,000 RPMs, each plug fires 8 times per second. I don't think my brain would comprehend that fast.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you are trying to figure out.

This is what my tuner pulls, are these the parameters you are looking for?

It's not doing anything Torque can't.

1684262226413.png

Users who are viewing this thread