5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OBD Fusion app for egt, regen, and boost

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
After extensive searching for the Torque pro app and seeing that it gets 2.8 stars in the Apple play store, I started searching for alternatives. Has anyone had success with OBD Fusion on monitoring PID’s like EGT, DPF-related stuff, boost, etc?

A little background:
I have a BlueDriver already so I have no desire to buy another $90 obd2 connecter like the MX+. I just bought a cheap ELM327 adapter from amazon that a lot of cummins guys use, so I’m not worried about the adapter, just a good app that gives what I need.

U

User_63152

That's what I am looking at too. I think OBD Fusion is supposed to be one of the best apps for this stuff. I'm just not sure which OBD2 scan tool to get. Looking at the BlueDriver, BAFX Product WiFi or Veepeak OBDCheck BLE+. Don't want to spend a lot of money. I already ordered the bypass cable from Amazon.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's what I am looking at too. I think OBD Fusion is supposed to be one of the best apps for this stuff. I'm just not sure which OBD2 scan tool to get. Looking at the BlueDriver, BAFX Product WiFi or Veepeak OBDCheck BLE+. Don't want to spend a lot of money. I already ordered the bypass cable from Amazon.
For what it’s worth, BlueDriver is great for it’s intended purpose. I’ve been using them since 2016 or ‘17 (can’t remember which) and when our $13k scantool couldn’t get the Toyota ABS pid’s we needed, the Bluedriver could view them.

The main thing I don’t want to do is have to read a bunch of small lines to get the values. I’d like to have digital or analog gauges.

U

User_63152

Do I need that cable if I am just going to use the scan tool and my phone for diagnostics? No AlfaOBD

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Do I need that cable if I am just going to use the scan tool and my phone for diagnostics? No AlfaOBD
No. The scan tool is just like any other- there’s no security bypass needed for any of those that don’t change configurations. So write processes (like alfa and Tazer DT do) are a no-no without the bypass, and read processes like a scan tool are ok.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have used obd fusion for a while now, there’s quite a few pids in regards to dpf and turbo related items. I haven’t explored to much as I don’t really like the clutter of a phone hanging off my dash. If you could display it on CarPlay over the uconnect screen that would be awesome.

U

User_63152

I just bought the Veepeak OBDCheck BLE+from Amazon ($41.99). It seemed like the best overall deal. It'll be here Thursday. (y)

I will probably be using OBD Fusion, too.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No. The scan tool is just like any other- there’s no security bypass needed for any of those that don’t change configurations. So write processes (like alfa and Tazer DT do) are a no-no without the bypass, and read processes like a scan tool are ok.
The TazerDT is a bypass. no need for a cable with it. It fully replaces the security gateway.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The TazerDT is a bypass. no need for a cable with it. It fully replaces the security gateway.
That bypasses the gateway though, so it still performs the same function. It’s just designed to be an all in one unit instead of having to plug one module into the SGW and another in the OBD2. (I have a Tazer DT also)

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just bought the Veepeak OBDCheck BLE+from Amazon ($41.99). It seemed like the best overall deal. It'll be here Thursday. (y)

I will probably be using OBD Fusion, too.
I forgot to mention (but think I should) that if you intend to clear codes (a write operation), you’ll need the SGW. Sorry if I steered you wrong on that part. Do you have Amazon Prime? If not, dm me.

U

User_63152

I forgot to mention (but think I should) that if you intend to clear codes (a write operation), you’ll need the SGW. Sorry if I steered you wrong on that part. Do you have Amazon Prime? If not, dm me.
Just ordered one. :ROFLMAO:

I have Amazon Prime. (y)

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just ordered one. :ROFLMAO:

I have Amazon Prime. (y)
If I get mine today like I’m supposed to, I’ll post some pics up and what I think of OBD fusion either tonight or tomorrow morning.

U

User_63152

Got my VeePeak BLE+ and the SGW cable from Amazon today. I will download OBD Fusion later tonight, probably.

Oh, I bought a Pulsar, too. Also have an S&B air intake coming. :ROFLMAO:

Spending that money money money!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1039.jpg
    IMG_1039.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 15

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Got my VeePeak BLE+ and the SGW cable from Amazon today. I will download OBD Fusion later tonight, probably.

Oh, I bought a Pulsar, too. Also have an S&B air intake coming. :ROFLMAO:

Spending that money money money!!!
Nice!
I pulled my Bluedriver and LE Link out of retirement to compare. I haven’t got to mess with OBD Fusion, but I did download it and go through the steps to see what OBD2 adapters are compatible (last pic). I luckily already have the LE, but it looks like if you don’t have the LE or mx+, then you need to make sure you have an adapter that’s WiFi capable. Edit: just looked at the veepeak and I see they list OBD Fusion. 👍

39C394AA-8997-48F1-A4D2-99CD54E640DC.jpeg
BlueDriver live data screen:
516F58CC-1064-4242-BE4E-D172575E16B2.png
OBD Fusion compatibility:
E505D3AC-86ED-42E3-9424-705D754CDCF2.png

Last edited:
U

User_63152

I downloaded Car Scanner just to see if the Veepeak worked. It works great! Car Scanner is pretty much the same as the rest, as far as apps go, I think. There is a paid version for $6.99. It's just not as aesthetically pleasing to look at as OBD Fusion, maybe.

Car scanner has the 0-20, 0-40, 0-60, etc. times and all the "performance features". It doesn't have 1/8 or 1/4 mile times, though. I will still probably download OBD Fusion, though.

I bet that BlueDriver and Veepeak are the exact same modules, so to speak.

Attachments

• IMG_1045.PNG
    IMG_1045.PNG
    133.3 KB · Views: 14

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s a view of OBD Fusion. I like it a little better than BlueDriver, but bluedriver has some good scan tool functions.

Attachments

• C59264ED-71E8-416B-89A8-3DCBDA8E4A57.png
    C59264ED-71E8-416B-89A8-3DCBDA8E4A57.png
    241.8 KB · Views: 26
U

User_63152

According to Car Scanner, I did a 0-60 time of 6.60. But I didn't screenshot it. I do have my second best time, though.

That's stock, in 4wd auto, with 33'' tires. Not too bad, actually. (y)

Attachments

• IMG_1061.PNG
    IMG_1061.PNG
    59.9 KB · Views: 14
U

User_63152

Now, I just have to install the Pulsar and the S&B air intake I got. They are just sitting on my living room floor, still in their boxes. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_1074.jpg
    IMG_1074.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 12

Users who are viewing this thread