5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

O2 sensor part #'s?

Orion10182011

Reaction score
Gah, there are umpteen different part numbers for O2 sensors on my 2020 Ram. Even seems to be a different # for left vs right up stream.

Does anyone know if there is any real difference? They all look exactly the same and have the same connectors.

Gah, there are umpteen different part numbers for O2 sensors on my 2020 Ram. Even seems to be a different # for left vs right up stream.

Does anyone know if there is any real difference? They all look exactly the same and have the same connectors.

I've not investigated the sensors on the Ram, but on my last truck (Ford) the left vs right difference was due to pigtail length. Otherwise, the sensors were the same.
Upstream was wideband and downstream was basically just a proving switch that the cats were functioning.

That being said, that could be why you're seeing multiple part numbers.

Yes, they are different. I just had to replace one of mine a couple months ago. There should be three different ones on our trucks.
68290528AA - upstream left, before Cat $53.65
68291046AA - bank 2 sensor 2 (the one I had to replace on my truck) $54.51
68224424AA - downstream right, upstream left before cat $49.85

If you have a check engine light, scan the code and it should tell you which one it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back