5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now my gauge cluster shows what gear I'm in - THANKS FOR THE HELP!

56 Pontiac

Reaction score
My Challenger (admittedly, more of a muscle/sports car than my truck) gauge cluster displays what gear I'm in, and I would like the same for my Ram. It's only a Big Horn, 4x4 Crew Cab, no special options except off road group and sports appearance package, hemi of course - it does have Big Horn Level 2 Equipment Group.

I can't find anything in uconnect 5, 8.4 non-Nav, Settings ... anybody know how I can show this?

Thanks,
Dave

Accessory.Parts

Reaction score
Assuming you have the full sized EVIC, with your truck in Park, with truck on, use the arrow pad on the left side of steering wheel and press up or down until you get to Screen Setup, then hit the center button "Ok" of the arrow pad, then scroll down til you see Current Gear then press the Ok button again, then press the down arrow to select "ON" then press the Ok button again

*Added picture of what you're looking for

Attachments

• 1645205522649.png
    1645205522649.png
    828 KB · Views: 125

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
My Challenger (admittedly, more of a muscle/sports car than my truck) gauge cluster displays what gear I'm in, and I would like the same for my Ram. It's only a Big Horn, 4x4 Crew Cab, no special options except off road group and sports appearance package, hemi of course - it does have Big Horn Level 2 Equipment Group.

I can't find anything in uconnect 5, 8.4 non-Nav, Settings ... anybody know how I can show this?

Thanks,
Dave
on the steering wheel under the cruise control spot, push the minus key then the plus key eight time and you should see the gears show on the dash somewhere

post a picture of your dash as there are different dashes depending on the package you have

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
on the steering wheel under the cruise control spot, push the minus key then the plus key eight time and you should see the gears show on the dash somewhere

post a picture of your dash as there are different dashes depending on the package you have
That will work as well but will disable MDS. And you need to repeat that every time you shift into D. The method Accessory.Parts posted doesn't disable MDS (for those who want it active), and you only have to do it once.

56 Pontiac

Reaction score
EVIC = Electronic Vehicle Information Center?

Whatever, now I know what it is and where to look, and I figured out how to show the gear (activating it was not exactly like you all said, but close) and I am a Happy Camper, THANKS!

Dave

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yup, I think it's called "current gear" in the gauge selection menu.

If you use the MDS gear limiter switch on your steering wheel, it will push indicator for the gear you are limiting to the right of the current gear display, of course you only see either when in drive.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Even a tradesman can show the gear. I chose to place mine at top middle.

Attachments

• E9FC73C9-3E78-41C3-A626-7B52A19B1C05.png
    E9FC73C9-3E78-41C3-A626-7B52A19B1C05.png
    543.7 KB · Views: 35

Users who are viewing this thread