5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

November incentives for 2021 models

deanno33

Reaction score
Any ideas or insight in what November may bring for 2021 incentives? I'm looking to potentially pick up a 2021 bighorn to get me by until my 2022 arrives. Right now for October with all rebates and 1k financing incentive it's about 4,750 in total off a bighorn. With the private bonus cash of 1,500 it brings that total to 6,250.

The 1,500 private cash is good through Nov. Does a person wait until Monday to see what November brings or just buy now knowing the truck will probably be gone by Monday. The dealer actually gave another 1k dealer discount so it's really 7,250 off (just over 13%).

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sorry, but even the dealerships don't know what incentives will be offered ahead of time. 13% isn't too bad for the current times. And finding a truck that's equipped the way you want is pretty hard to do right now.

I'm confused though. You ordered a 2022 in early July, and you're thinking of buying a new 2021 now? Would you still be taking delivery of the truck you ordered? It's your money, but if I were in your shoes and really needed a truck to use until I could take possession of one I had ordered, I'd probably look for an older used truck to get me by.

deanno33

Reaction score
Yeah ...was hoping if I got a good enough deal on a 2021 I could sell it once my 2022 comes in...and attempt to get close to break even. Obviously that would depend on the truck market after the first of year (when I expect my 2022) and what incentives are there. If trucks are still hard to find and the big rebates are gone (2021s are all scooped up) then my thought is my 2021 would still have really good value if sold.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Haha I get it, but I don't think it's a sound financial decision. It wouldn't be worth the gamble for me, but you gotta do what you think is best for your own situation. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. (y)

deanno33

Reaction score
Haha I get it, but I don't think it's a sound financial decision. It wouldn't be worth the gamble for me, but you gotta do what you think is best for your own situation. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. (y)
Thanks. Guessing that's where I'll end up as well. I keep crunching numbers and just can't get comfortable with the potential loss perspective. If a grand, I would do it. 4 to 6k....won't happen. There are a few dealers right now willing to do more at month end, but not sure how much more.

Users who are viewing this thread