5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Noticing odd things after a year and almost 6000 miles.

KevinSWPA

Reaction score
So, I started noticing some odd things after almost a year and 6000 miles that I'm going to have the dealership look at in a few weeks and wanted to see if anyone else starting noticing or had these issues as well:

1. I noticed that after driving the truck, if I shut it off and let it sit for a few minutes, this high pitched squeal/whistling will ring inside the cabin. Almost sounds like something depressurizing. Dealership acknowledges this as a thing, but they, nor the engineers know what it is.
2. There seems to be a dead zone in the drivers window switch. The one touch up and down work fine, when you try to manually do the window, it will go in the direction you're pressing for a second and either stop or reverse direction.
3. I had the 12" screen go blank on me. It was backlit, but no screen. If I restarted the truck, the rear camera would flash and shut down. I eventually got it to reset, but now for some reason, the beep when you press the door lock twice on the key fob doesn't work. I found the option, made sure it was on and even reset it but still nothing.

Just wondering if it's random dumb stuff or a sign of things to come?

leedial

Reaction score
I have definitely noticed the dead zone you described in the window controls. I've had my rebel for 7 months and it has around 5k miles.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Burnzie

Reaction score
Answer to question #1 is the 6 gerbils under the hood coming to a rest after driving your *** around all day. J/K

gpbst3

Reaction score
1. I believe is a fuel system vent. My previous truck (Tundra) and my Ram both did the same thing. I never noticed it inside the cabin. I can hear it between the rear cab and rear wheels. Its a normal function if thats what it is.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same here on my truck. It's happened a few times and makes me wonder what is happening. Another thing that has happened to me is the power steps sometimes take a minute to retract back in. 🤷‍♂️

I have definitely noticed the dead zone you described in the window controls. I've had my rebel for 7 months and it has around 5k miles.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Door lock beep...of is stops working, you have to turn the beep off in the unconnected screen, then change it to beep on first button click and then change it back to second click.

Not sure how/why it gets garbled, but mine has done it twice now in the seven months and 9000 miles I've had it.

KevinSWPA

Reaction score
Door lock beep...of is stops working, you have to turn the beep off in the unconnected screen, then change it to beep on first button click and then change it back to second click.

Not sure how/why it gets garbled, but mine has done it twice now in the seven months and 9000 miles I've had it.
See, I turned the second beep off and then turned it back on. Wasn’t thinking about cycling through them all. I’ll try that and see. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread