5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Noticed a gap and its driving me crazy

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had several panels out of alignment and had the dealership fix it.

I thought it was going to be easy...loosen a few bolts, move the panels a bit, then tighten them down. Turns out they had to loosen the grill and bumper to get everything adjusted. When it was all said and done everything lined up great (front quarter panels, hood, grill, and bumper) but there is a bit of a gap difference between the bumper and the two "beaver cheeks" (panels between the headlights and bumper).

As much as I'm OCD about things it's a small price to pay for everything else on my truck to be aligned. I don't even notice it any more.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
That's exactly why I didnt lol I love the function of the rambox but have heard too many stories about how uneven they are

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Honestly it doesn't bother me anymore. As long as the lids seal they are performing their function. Most people don't even notice it unless I point it out. It's like any other flaw on the truck, like rock chips or paint flaws. It's over a year old now so I'm over the whole "newness" aspect.

SJC5

Reaction score
Thanks @GreenGoblin now I see the gap too. Passenger side is about twice as wide as driver's side. Adding to my list of issue when I take in for the first oil change.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wonder if this would fix my front camera alignment in 360 view mode. I asked the dealer to line it up exactly and they said there wasn't anyway to do it since the camera isn't movable but if the grill is then bam!

GreenGoblin

Reaction score
Thanks @GreenGoblin now I see the gap too. Passenger side is about twice as wide as driver's side. Adding to my list of issue when I take in for the first oil change.
I figure somebody would be cussing me over this but at least you see it now and not later on down the road.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread