5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Noticed a gap and its driving me crazy

GreenGoblin

Reaction score
Not sure if there is a way to adjust this or not but this is killing my OCD. I know it's not much but I hate it. Is this common on the 5th gens or what? I'm sure somebody is gonna be cussing me for bringing this up after they look at their own truck and see it lol
730b558e9f68ea3db4ce3638849beda6.jpg
b2de485897a254663bfc8c55c571edb8.jpg
cfa465ccc60f3ba6257a1b47c5941f84.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
How many miles?

Bring it to the dealer, they may cover the time under some sort of body work coverage/warranty.

I had my whole hood repainted (repaired under warranty due to paint defect), and after the put it on I could put five credit cards on one side between fender and only two on other side. Dropped it back off and requested they take care of it and they did.

GreenGoblin

Reaction score
How many miles?

Bring it to the dealer, they may cover the time under some sort of body work coverage/warranty.

I had my whole hood repainted (repaired under warranty due to paint defect), and after the put it on I could put five credit cards on one side between fender and only two on other side. Dropped it back off and requested they take care of it and they did.
It has a little over 1000 miles on it.

Cochise

Reaction score
Just checked mine. Passenger side gap is a little bigger. I don't mind it or see it as a flaw though.

taz2016

Reaction score
When I started looking last year for my 1500 I noticed several trucks with noticeably different gaps on dealer lots. I made sure I found one that was even. I would think a dealer would have no problem adjusting the gaps to even them as needed.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It should be easily adjusted, they just didn't pay enough attention when installing it the first time. Have the dealer do it, should be simple.

GreenGoblin

Reaction score
It should be easily adjusted, they just didn't pay enough attention when installing it the first time. Have the dealer do it, should be simple.
Nothing is ever simple when it involves a dealership!

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your dealer should be able to make the adjustments/shimming correction.
I did notice a difference on each side of my tailgate, one side has almost no gap, I am keeping an eye on it, If it were to make contact it would wear the paint.

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
Could be worse.... my buddy has a 2500, his bumper is sitting too far to the left by at least 1 1/2”... totally noticeable and the dealership says the only way to fix it is to remove the cab and move it rather than adjust the bumper... 😳😳🙄. Anyway, my truck is a little off too.... I’m gonna live with it.

Wsmith

Reaction score
I get it, my Ridgeline had a gap in the front of the driver door that was 1/4" more than the passenger door (cardinal sin, I bought it after dark). Dealership said they couldn't (or wouldn't) correct it. I seen it every time I got in or out, OCD took over and I fixed the problem by trading it for the RAM. I went over every gap in the RAM before signing anything.

GreenGoblin

Reaction score
If you're this upset with those gaps, be glad you didn't get the rambox option
That's exactly why I didnt lol I love the function of the rambox but have heard too many stories about how uneven they are

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I cant I see it in my dreams!!

You will find something else and it will take your mind off of it lol. I know how you feel, that small gap is huge in your mind. Then you will find another gap or some other imperfection and that gap will disappear from your mind.

I've reached the point that I actually forget about whatever variance pissed me off, rediscover months later and get mad about it again! But all vehicles have them, however this variance can be fixed pretty easy if you trust the dealer to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread