5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

not sure how this works

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is extremely vague. Use the search box at the top to find your topic. You can also click on the “Forums” button at the top and select the area that applies to your questions (interior, exterior, suspension, wheels/tires, powertrain, etc.).

gopaint

Reaction score
Thanks. I own 2019 Limited 5.7 with 63k miles. Occasionally I find that it will sometimes bump itself out of Drive. It will still read that it is in Drive but requests to put back in Drive. Is this common? I have a buddy that also owns Laramie and says this sometimes happens to him....also, when leaving stopped position the vehicle kind of bumps. Almost feels like motor mount bump. I am no mechanic by any stretch of the imagination but am wanting to know as much as possible about any quirks on this truck.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Transmission has input and output speed sensors, among other things, and if firmware doesn't know what to do with the data it's seeing, can bump itself into neutral, maybe even shut the engine off. Search for shift to park to find similar threads.

The other thing sounds like could be driveshaft clunk. Driveshaft has a slip joint that may need grease. Threads about that also.

And welcome to the forum. :)

gopaint

Reaction score
Transmission has input and output speed sensors, among other things, and if firmware doesn't know what to do with the data it's seeing, can bump itself into neutral, maybe even shut the engine off. Search for shift to park to find similar threads.

The other thing sounds like could be driveshaft clunk. Driveshaft has a slip joint that may need grease. Threads about that also.

And welcome to the forum. :)
Appreciate it!

Users who are viewing this thread