5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not shutting off when car turned off and door opened

Crash55

Reaction score
My UConnect 5 system started acting weird today.

First it didn't shut off when the truck was off and the door opened. I had to physically shut off the radio. That happened several times.

The system froze - high pitched squeal. Holding down the power button reset the system.

Everything worked correctly the next time I turned the truck off. However the system froze soon after starting the truck and it is once again not shutting off when the tuck is off and the door opened.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Start with the battery disconnect if you haven't yet then give time for everything to reset.

O'Town Ram

I know less and less about more and more
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My system stayed on like that when the update was coming through. My guess it has something to do with this round of updates. Hopefully it will be OK in the morning. If not, try disconnecting the battery as mentioned.

Last edited:

mattee

Reaction score
My UConnect 5 system started acting weird today.

First it didn't shut off when the truck was off and the door opened. I had to physically shut off the radio. That happened several times.

The system froze - high pitched squeal. Holding down the power button reset the system.

Everything worked correctly the next time I turned the truck off. However the system froze soon after starting the truck and it is once again not shutting off when the tuck is off and the door opened.
Mine did the same thing the other day (without the high pitched squeal) and then installed an update and it's been fine since.

Crash55

Reaction score
Yeah, an update came through the next day and everything has been fine since then

Users who are viewing this thread