5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not Much For Paint Choices in 2022

Cudapower

Reaction score
I was surprised specing out a truck on the Ram site. I have a 2019 Laramie I ordered with 2 tone paint and they don't even offer 2 tone paint anymore. Also they have greatly cut down on the color selection. I know all the dealer lots are full of single color trucks, I like two tones. There is just nothing much new for options, and with less paint choices has me totally out of the mood to trade up. You would think a 60 grand truck would come in more than about 6 colors and a two tone option.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got my 22 ordered in Oct in Hydro Blue, and a week later they pulled it off the website as an option … Scared the sh!t out of me, but customer service assured me I was getting it in Hydro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hasti17

Reaction score
Its due to shortages, someone mentioned later 2022 they will be coming out with a color called harvest sunrise or sum such. Heres to hoping it is at least kind of similar to the the copper/orange metallic offered on the c6 corvette back in the mid 2000's. Loved that color

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m starting to get really tired of everybody claiming shortages. I know it’s a real thing, but that doesn’t make it any less upsetting. I just read BMW is removing touch screens for some of their lineup. I hope all this just doesn’t set us back on future vehicle timelines. (Mainly the RAM EV)

BNJMN

Reaction score
Got my 22 ordered in Oct in Hydro Blue, and a week later they pulled it off the website as an option … Scared the sh!t out of me, but customer service assured me I was getting it in Hydro

@BowersFJ are you in the trackers on this site? I'm a hydroblue as well- ordered in September. Good news is one of the window stickers that came in today on that 2022 thread included a HydroBlue in Canada.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was surprised specing out a truck on the Ram site. I have a 2019 Laramie I ordered with 2 tone paint and they don't even offer 2 tone paint anymore. Also they have greatly cut down on the color selection. I know all the dealer lots are full of single color trucks, I like two tones. There is just nothing much new for options, and with less paint choices has me totally out of the mood to trade up. You would think a 60 grand truck would come in more than about 6 colors and a two tone option.
Out of curiosity, I searched through the 55,799 build sheets that have been issued (not including today's). Only 3,450 of them have "two tone" paint. And 1,929 of them are TRX's...leaving 1,521 non-TRX trucks that have been built with two tone paint. That's surprisingly low.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@BowersFJ are you in the trackers on this site? I'm a hydroblue as well- ordered in September. Good news is one of the window stickers that came in today on that 2022 thread included a HydroBlue in Canada.

Not sure what “the trackers” is, so I’m sure I’m not in it …. Please enlighten me

BNJMN

Reaction score
PM your vin to triple B or Eighty on here and they will track and get you in the chart that they are publishing that shows when orders are placed, and when build sheets and window stickers are available. There is a 2022 orders thread that they put information into frequently.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a link to the thread that lays out the deal (and has a link to sign up on the tracker).

Daily updates are posted on this thread (link is to yesterday's announcement by triple_B, with my corresponding chart a few posts below that).

Cudapower

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, I searched through the 55,799 build sheets that have been issued (not including today's). Only 3,450 of them have "two tone" paint. And 1,929 of them are TRX's...leaving 1,521 non-TRX trucks that have been built with two tone paint. That's surprisingly low.
Yes I find it really noticable, about the only trucks that are two tone are special ordered. All the lot trucks are single color. I dont know why dealers order their stock that way. I guess if that is all you have to buy on the lot that is the choice, but I think two tone is much sharper. I do mopar restorations so when I have to get a new Ram I will paint my own two tone on it if I have to. 20180817_165550_HDR.jpg

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've always liked the two tone as well, have never had it on any of my 4 rams though. Nearly did on my current ram as I ordered it, and if patriot blue on brown was available I would have went that way instead of just patriot blue with painted bumpers.

Looks like now you can only get the longhorn in two tone in white/brown. I remember the 21 model year longhorn had 3-4 color choices to go with the brown.

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m starting to get really tired of everybody claiming shortages. I know it’s a real thing, but that doesn’t make it any less upsetting. I just read BMW is removing touch screens for some of their lineup. I hope all this just doesn’t set us back on future vehicle timelines. (Mainly the RAM EV)
It would not surprise me if the electric RAM is delayed at least in part due to second and third order effects from the current supply chain disruptions. Product supply chains for product lines of such size/complexity are set up years in advance.

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Its due to shortages, someone mentioned later 2022 they will be coming out with a color called harvest sunrise or sum such. Heres to hoping it is at least kind of similar to the the copper/orange metallic offered on the c6 corvette back in the mid 2000's. Loved that color
Yep, it's near the same as the Mango Tango color on the 2014-18 Cherokee Trailhawks.

Shawn19

Reaction score
I wish they didn’t cancel the Olive Green. Would’ve looked good on the BackCountry.

Playing with builds the Rebel was like Grey Silver White..pretty weak selection.

Users who are viewing this thread