5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not impressed with stereo

Trevorjohn

Reaction score
Picked up a 2019 bighorn and all i can say is I’m not impressed with the speakers in the truck at all. Anyone else have issues when getting up past 25 on the volume where it starts to sound very distorted and staticky? Audio settings very close to middle on bass, eq and treble.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I’m with you (I think). As a commonly used technique, if you post your truck details in your sig it’ll save you a lot of questions... that being said, which stereo option do you have?

Improving the system depends on which one you are starting with... “Base” 6 speaker or “Alpine” 9 speaker... also, with either Hemi there’s the ANC module in the system too, with four microphones. Possibly there are even differences with the UConnect radios depending on whether you got Nav or not. Insert SHEESH emoji directed at Chrysler.

From your assessment I’ll guess base 6 speaker though... which is not good. If true, then I am in the same boat but discussing fixes on a different thread already: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/5th-gen-stock-stereo-upgrade-options.926/post-12283

Short answer, no clear answer yet. My plan is to start small, by swapping the four 6x9s in the doors. The dash speaker is 8 ohms so will be unbalanced with most after market options. WRH has pulled a “cleanish” signal out before the ANC module and installed a DSP, amps, and speakers. He’s happy but it’s not a quick option.

Trevorjohn

Reaction score
I wish i could find a place to plug my vin in and give me details. I have the build sheet in my truck though. I know i do have the 4 microphones though. I’ll have to try and dig a little more to see whether it’s 6 or 9 speakers though. But like you said I’m almost certain it’s 6

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wish i could find a place to plug my vin in and give me details. I have the build sheet in my truck though. I know i do have the 4 microphones though. I’ll have to try and dig a little more to see whether it’s 6 or 9 speakers though. But like you said I’m almost certain it’s 6

If the speaker cover on the center of the dash is not labeled with Alpine of HK, it is the 6 speaker system.

outback1972

Reaction score
You can go to this link. Just enter your VIN and it'll tell you all of the equipment on your truck.
https://mopar.custhelp.com/app/mopa...jODJCMmtmMTlpbThwcXRyJTdFRkVzVmZfb2xnJTIxJTIx

Users who are viewing this thread