5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

not a new member, but a new truck!

kingcole

Reaction score
Hi all. It's me again: that guy who bought the disaster-in-a-can grey-market-titled Canadian Sport/Rebel and then sold it back to the dealer at a loss. *sigh*

ANYWAY: here is the (NOT GREY MARKET TITLED!) 2019 Limited I picked up last week. I had to drive 300 miles to find one without a Canadian import title. The market is crazy right now.

It's a real beauty. I'm in the process of blacking it out: below are a couple of pictures from the day I bought it, and a more recent picture with the blackout nearly complete.

I'm really grateful for this community - I've learned an incredible amount in my time here!

67521184283__FEDDEC22-2BE9-400D-806F-13BFF22C15FC.HEIC.jpeg 67521196988__68408AAD-1FB4-41FC-A9DB-B5B85D6FFA46.HEIC.jpeg
IMG_3097.jpeg

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi all. It's me again: that guy who bought the disaster-in-a-can grey-market-titled Canadian Sport/Rebel and then sold it back to the dealer at a loss. *sigh*

ANYWAY: here is the (NOT GREY MARKET TITLED!) 2019 Limited I picked up last week. I had to drive 300 miles to find one without a Canadian import title. The market is crazy right now.

It's a real beauty. I'm in the process of blacking it out: below are a couple of pictures from the day I bought it, and a more recent picture with the blackout nearly complete.

I'm really grateful for this community - I've learned an incredible amount in my time here!

View attachment 131268 View attachment 131269
View attachment 131270

Love the color, but I prefer the chrome - i'm old . . .

Terrible_One

Reaction score
I will also be blacking out all of my chrome. I found a thread with all the part numbers for the window trim pieces, there are emblems on eBay, etc. But what did you do for the bumpers? Did you have them sandblasted then painted?

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey from a Laramie to a Limited not a bad upgrade and better yet got you out of that probably will continue to be a future headache old truck congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kingcole

Reaction score
I will also be blacking out all of my chrome. I found a thread with all the part numbers for the window trim pieces, there are emblems on eBay, etc. But what did you do for the bumpers? Did you have them sandblasted then painted?
Great questions: I'm going to plastidip my window trim - I've used a combo of vinyl and dip for the rest of the pieces, and kept the original wheels, as I want to be able to easily go back to bone stock if I feel like it. The truck came with body color bumpers, so I had it easy on that front. Good luck with your blackout!

Terrible_One

Reaction score
Great questions: I'm going to plastidip my window trim - I've used a combo of vinyl and dip for the rest of the pieces, and kept the original wheels, as I want to be able to easily go back to bone stock if I feel like it. The truck came with body color bumpers, so I had it easy on that front. Good luck with your blackout!
Lucky! The chrome bumpers present a huge problem for me, lol. I think the cost of sandblasting and painting the bumpers might price me out of caring enough to remove/blackout all of the chrome. Might even just be best to leave it as is and upgrade my truck to a Night Edition, whenever the market cools down on vehicle prices and availability...

Users who are viewing this thread