5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not a fan of the Al rear doors...

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a really good PDR guy, to the point I don't worry so much about dings anymore. I know if I get a typical door ding, I can pretty much get it out 100%.

That being said, if a parking spot looks a little too tight, I will take some effort to park somewhere I think is less likely to get a ding. In the past I would automatically park way in the back or even use a "beater car".

Pale Al

Reaction score
Straddle the white line! When I got my TRX, anytime I parked in a lot, I took up two spaces. If anyone gave me chit, simply said this vehicle is taking $50k per space. Crickets....

Now that I have a Big Horn, I do the same technique, if asked I reply "I transport explosives" lol....

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Body work on aluminum is more difficult than steel. Steel has a memory and wants to return to it's pre damaged state, so doing PDR on steel is easier. Aluminum takes it new shape and will require a lot more work to return it to a pre damaged state. PDR on aluminum requires real talent, so be sure you get a quality tech when having PDR done on any aluminum panel.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I try to park out far out away from other vehicles but it's not always possible. The thing I don't like about the Fords aluminum is how wavy it looks, look down the side of any F150 at a 45 degree angle and you will see the waves. GM does not see to have that issue with their aluminum doors.

cliffsta

Reaction score
I have to say one of the few gripes I have with my 2023 is how “light” the rear doors are. When I close them it sounds like they’re loose and falling apart but I don’t feel any wiggles on them. I’m sure they’re fine for me since I don’t work my truck that much. Just got kinda used to the concrete slab doors on my Silverado.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The rear doors could really benefit from some sound deadening like Dynamat

Littlejoe81

Reaction score
My reason for getting running boards that stick out. And I still park in the back!

20230109_140236~3-1-2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread