5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

North edition vs sport + orp

Cuppedup

Reaction score
I’m looking to get A 1500 with color matched bumpers with the e-locker and bucket seats. The two ways I found I can get this is either the north edition and selecting bucket seats, or select the sport package and the off-road group. Is there a benefit of having one over the other? I live in CA.

nburd

Reaction score
Here is what you get in both packages. You do get the all weather mats in the North edition, and a block heater too but the bench seat as standard. But Ram makes you select a level package that gives you the buckets I guess. The ORP gives you all the skid plates on top of the North options. To be equal, you need to add the protection package to the North Edition or the All Weather Mats and Block heater to the ORP/Sport. Hopefully in CA, you never need those features (except in the mountains).

Attachments

• Ram options.png
    Ram options.png
    202.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Ram options 2.jpg
    Ram options 2.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Bcryan

Reaction score
I had a hard time finding a crew cab 6’4 box with an Off Road Package so I went with the North Edition. The skid plate can be added if you need it for serious off-roading but I have had no trouble ridding trails and logging roads without it. I can’t see the pic that was posted about but the North Package also comes with heated seats, steering wheel and mirrors. Much needed here in Northern NY

Users who are viewing this thread