5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

North Edition on the Big Horn

JonEK9

Reaction score
Has anyone here opted for the North Edition for their 1500 BigHorn? And how do you like it?
Looking at the BigHorn , Granite Crystal, with hemi V8, short bed, crew cab, 4WD, the North Edition, level 2 package, ramboxes, premium lighting, bed utility option, 3.92, trailer brake controller, BSM, under seat storage, premium black cloth.

JonEK9

Reaction score
I have the north edition. overall I like but for my uses I should have gotten the 4x4 offroad because they come with skid plates
Thanks for sharing. Do you like the suspension with the upgraded shocks?

PTRAM

Reaction score
I have the north edition. overall I like but for my uses I should have gotten the 4x4 offroad because they come with skid plates

Are the skid plates very expensive to put them on now?

79 300

Reaction score
Are the skid plates very expensive to put them on now?
I added the front suspension/steering skid plate and the transfer plate skid plates. They each cost around $60-$65 online. The fuel tank skid plate is not available for retail sale yet. They are fairly easy to bolt on- 4 bolts each which come with the plate. It will be easier if you drive it on ramps or jack it up. The dealer was talking around $90 per plate and $100 installation.

Silvertoy

Reaction score
I tried to order a North edition on Friday last week, and again on Monday and Friday of this week. For some reason the North edition, 4x4 package, and rear locker are all on hold, and I couldn't place an order at all how I wanted, very sad. I went and placed an order anyway, but I'm hoping I can change it before it's too late. Dealer told ne I had about a month to make changes.

JonEK9

Reaction score
That's strange. I had ordered my North Package on my BigHorn last Wednesday. They called me Thursday and said the order is placed and submitted. Haven't heard anything more. Can't see why the North Package wouldn't be able to be fulfilled. Its just a combination of the Sport and Off Road packages taking some of the options from each.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone here opted for the North Edition for their 1500 BigHorn? And how do you like it?
Looking at the BigHorn , Granite Crystal, with hemi V8, short bed, crew cab, 4WD, the North Edition, level 2 package, ramboxes, premium lighting, bed utility option, 3.92, trailer brake controller, BSM, under seat storage, premium black cloth.
That is the truck I have except in Maximum Steel, no ram boxes or LED lighting. Everything else you listed.

I love the truck. I think the North edition was definitely worthwhile. Don't know if I'll ever use the block heater - I'm in the South - but the rest of the options were nice to have.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wait, does the north edition force bucket seats?
I don't think the North edition does. My window sticker lists the "deluxe cloth bucket seats" separate from either the North package or the Level 2 package.

Silvertoy

Reaction score
hmm, it was pretty obvious on the order screen. North edition, 4x4 package, and rear locker are all grayed out and couldn't be clicked.

buckeyecool71

Reaction score
I have the North Edition and really like it. Before next winter I will be adding skid plates and the wheel liners. The wheel liners are a must have in Ohio where I live.

Cab2344

Reaction score
hmm, it was pretty obvious on the order screen. North edition, 4x4 package, and rear locker are all grayed out and couldn't be clicked.
They are grayed out because they are included in the North edition package. Rear locker comes standard with North and you can't have the ORP package because you have everything in it minus the skid plate (which you can add). Also, you can have the bench or buckets. Mine has the bench

Silvertoy

Reaction score
Just chatted on the Ram site with an agent, They told me that "The North Edition has been removed. No word on when it will be reinstated" :( Thanks for nothing. Be nice if I could at least order the 4x4 or elocker as options, but they're all unavailable as well.

Silvertoy

Reaction score
They are grayed out because they are included in the North edition package. Rear locker comes standard with North and you can't have the ORP package because you have everything in it minus the skid plate (which you can add). Also, you can have the bench or buckets. Mine has the bench
Sorry, I was stating that I could not select any of those packages.
Couldn't select to order North Edition
Couldn't select to order 4x4 package
Couldn't select to order Elocker.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just chatted on the Ram site with an agent, They told me that "The North Edition has been removed. No word on when it will be reinstated" :( Thanks for nothing. Be nice if I could at least order the 4x4 or elocker as options, but they're all unavailable as well.
Wow. That sucks for people who don't have one. Course it might be good for those of us that do, we have a little bit rarer package :D

Silvertoy

Reaction score
Like someone stated in my introduction thread, after the dealer went to enter my order, suddenly after he selected sold order, it allowed us to select the north Edition, and I now have an north edition on order! can't believe it.

Users who are viewing this thread