5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Noob question

kaptinkrash

Reaction score
So.... rust just isn't a thing where I live. High desert and they use volcanic cinders on the roads when it does get icy. That being said, I bought a 2020 Rebel 5.7 off Carvana. I had no idea it was coming from Pennsylvania until they let me track the shipping.

Where does the rust accumulate on these? I know I can fix whatever I find. I spent 13 years working offshore fixing rust spots, but I just need to know where to look.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So.... rust just isn't a thing where I live. High desert and they use volcanic cinders on the roads when it does get icy. That being said, I bought a 2020 Rebel 5.7 off Carvana. I had no idea it was coming from Pennsylvania until they let me track the shipping.

Where does the rust accumulate on these? I know I can fix whatever I find. I spent 13 years working offshore fixing rust spots, but I just need to know where to look.
Just get underneath the truck. Should be no major issues except for some 2019s with bad rusty oil pans. Forum members have used Woolwax and such products. There is a thread on the 5th gen forum somewhere on this topic.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
FYI

Users who are viewing this thread