5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non- uconnect remote start?

Scottsdale69

Reaction score
Hello! Just bought a 2019 Ram 1500 limited and love it so far. What’s not so cool is the uconnect service. It’s slow to respond and has a monthly fee. Is there any plug and play systems that allow a remote start via a phone based app? I had a viper system on my old Honda Ridgeline and it was sweet. I’d be walking out from work and it was awesome to hit the button and have the truck nice and cool. I would like the same- I just don’t want to pay a monthly fee for that.

Thanks!
Matt

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello! Just bought a 2019 Ram 1500 limited and love it so far. What’s not so cool is the uconnect service. It’s slow to respond and has a monthly fee. Is there any plug and play systems that allow a remote start via a phone based app? I had a viper system on my old Honda Ridgeline and it was sweet. I’d be walking out from work and it was awesome to hit the button and have the truck nice and cool. I would like the same- I just don’t want to pay a monthly fee for that.

Thanks!
Matt
A limited should have remote start on the fob. That should work without the uconnect subscription. Using the app, takes longer, because it has to wait for the signal to go to them, wait for the authorization, and get sent back to the truck, and then start. I never start through the app, but start pretty often with the fob, when it is extremely hot or cold.

runamuck

Reaction score
my '19 laramie remote start always worked after the uconnect ended. I have only heard of a few other brands that have made stuff like remote start a monthly service fee. the fix probably is use the key fob and not the phone.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Thanks!
Matt
Yes, it's slow to respond, but oce you realize that you can adjust you routine by initiating the remote start through app earlier. I just renewed.my subscription for remote start and lock/unlock for $5 a month.

As far as remote start through phone app, pretty sure most of those apps require some sort of fee for the cellular connection. Cell phone companies aren't going to let you use the bandwidth for free

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Dronemobile and an aftermarket remote start/alarm system.

By the time you buy all the hardware, even for a self install, it would take years to break even vs paying a negotiated "factory" plan payment.

That said, a Compustar/Firstech and similar systems can be had that can remote start up to (claimed) 3 miles without LTE.

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, it's slow to respond, but oce you realize that you can adjust you routine by initiating the remote start through app earlier. I just renewed.my subscription for remote start and lock/unlock for $5 a month.
curious how you made that happen....?

Scottsdale69

Reaction score

As far as remote start through phone app, pretty sure most of those apps require some sort of fee for the cellular connection. Cell phone companies aren't going to let you use the bandwidth for free
You were able to renew it for 5 a month?!! That’s pretty awesome. I would 100% rather do that then mess with aftermarket stuff

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
curious how you made that happen....?
Was a deal offered in email. I hadn't had the subscription for over two years. Got the email offer and decided for $60 a year, even if so only use it once a month, Im not going broke. Have wasted more money on stupider things.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Make sure you sign up on the RAM app or mymopar.com online and add the truck to your garage. Then I'd wait to see what they offer or just call them.

Buried in my SPAM folder, looks like they've been sending $5/month offers for a while now. The started off at $10/mo for REMOTE after it initially expired.

It's kinda ala carte now but the problem is they don't offer a package that's just REMOTE+SECURITY (GPS tracking). I'd do 12-15/mo for that though I'm already maxed out on insurance discounts and wouldn't get a break for it.

The other monthly packages are discounted if you pay annual (12 months for 10)

1704339206985.png

1704339239297.png

1704338609620.png

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I do find it funny the truck shuts down at every opportunity to save gas but you can remote start it and let it run for for 15 minutes.…….twice.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Make sure you sign up on the RAM app or mymopar.com online and add the truck to your garage. Then I'd wait to see what they offer or just call them.

Buried in my SPAM folder, looks like they've been sending $5/month offers for a while now. The started off at $10/mo for REMOTE after it initially expired.

It's kinda ala carte now but the problem is they don't offer a package that's just REMOTE+SECURITY (GPS tracking). I'd do 12-15/mo for that though I'm already maxed out on insurance discounts and wouldn't get a break for it.

View attachment 173863

View attachment 173864

View attachment 173861
Not sure what offer or plans they sent you, but the $5/mo re.kte services includes vehicle tracking for me Screenshot_20240103-222542.png

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I do find it funny the truck shuts down at every opportunity to save gas but you can remote start it and let it run for for 15 minutes.…….twice.
Not if you are low on fuel.

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Great info, thanks fellas! I've not seen that offer, but thats probably because I'm already a customer. That may have to change.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

View attachment 173863

View attachment 173864

View attachment 173861
It also depends on the trucks year. My 2022 came with a 10 year "trial" for gps tracking. Not much good it will do since I ripped my tbm box out though.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It also depends on the trucks year. My 2022 came with a 10 year "trial" for gps tracking. Not much good it will do since I ripped my tbm box out though.

They don't offer that to HD truck owners - real men don't need to remote start their truck from an app. LOL

That and we only have flip phones.

Users who are viewing this thread