5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non functioning hood vents

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just an FYI If not posted yet. Don’t know if I will cut a hole in the hood liner and then make holes in the bottom of the vents. They are hollow basically sealed units with a small drain. Summer project maybe as I know how much heat flows out of my Hellcat’s functioning vents. 4189D41E-5997-4076-AA29-C8F327423051.jpeg D7361B89-3EDE-4710-ACA0-8071A3CCA608.jpeg

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is there any potential downside? The 4th Gen CAI used a hood vent for air intake, but the 5th Gen is a CAI that grabs air from in front of the grille. If it's only for air movement in the engine compartment, that is a lot of fussy work for minimal reward.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Always good to lower engine temps as a general rule. Other than maybe a little more water going through the vents I can’t see it posing any problems nor any noticeable gains in performance. Maybe hear the engine a little more.

XDBrad

Reaction score
Non functioning.... like 19Jake said, water and ice trap. When I go through. A car wash I have to raise the hood to let the water run out of the vents. Otherwise I get water streaks as I drive down the road. The hood looks bad@ss but if I had it to do over again I might pass on the sport appearance package.

Neokane

Reaction score
How are the hood vents attached? Want to remove them to wrap the hood.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pull liner down then just pop out clips just tight. Pop right back in.

PHANTUMRAM

Reaction score
Those rebel hoods are pretty cool!Id like to add one to my 2019 blacked out hemi ram myself.So their more appearance then function?I thought they were functional.hmmm

Godscountryrider

Reaction score
I posted about this a bit ago and just found this thread. I trimmed my hood liner to match the shape of the vent. Foil wrapped its edges back. Haven’t poked holes in plastic vent pan yet. Curious about water intrusion. And benefits. If any. I suppose if you had a K&N kit on passenger side and had the vent open you’d hear it pull air!

Users who are viewing this thread