5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non 22” lift kit on truck with 22”

Rjones0133

Reaction score
So my truck has the 22” hubs and knuckles, but I found a 6 in bds lift with fox shocks for 500 can I just swap the hub assembly to the non 22 and everything be okay or do I need to find the 22 knuckles

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
from their site:
Two knuckles options are available to fit trucks equipped with the standard hub bore as well as the larger hub bore used on truck with factory 22" wheels.
This means you’ll need to find the proper spindles for your setup.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So my truck has the 22” hubs and knuckles, but I found a 6 in bds lift with fox shocks for 500 can I just swap the hub assembly to the non 22 and everything be okay or do I need to find the 22 knuckles
Does the kit come with me spindles? If so, you'll just need non-22 hub assemblies.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does the kit come with me spindles? If so, you'll just need non-22 hub assemblies.
Are the outer cv splines the same overall diameter? Also, is the face of the outer cv cup the same?

Rjones0133

Reaction score
Are the outer cv splines the same overall diameter? Also, is the face of the outer cv cup the same?
Looking at part numbers, axle is the same only difference is the knuckle and the wheel bearing, so I’m not sure why it won’t work

Rjones0133

Reaction score
from their site:

This means you’ll need to find the proper spindles for your setup.
I tried that first but can’t seem to find just the 6in spindle and there is a wrecked truck down the road I can buy the wheel bearings off of

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks man, I had saw it suggested on older posts but never saw it confirmed it would work
no problem. All of Maxtrac's spindle lifts and lowering kits require non-22" hub assemblies so i did a lot of research on it!

Users who are viewing this thread