5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

noise when turn right

veubanks

Reaction score
my 2019 ram has about 30k miles on it and I am getting a rubbing noise when turning hard to the right. dealership could not find anything. it is frustrating as it is either in the wheel well or steering column. anyone had a similar issue?

RAMSQAD

Reaction score
same issue here for about a year already with my ram laramie at 30k also , I've had in the service 4-5x already ( including today again) for this problem I even had a ramcare case ticket opened where all i was told that they couldn't figure out what it was after they contacted the service department i took it too, ramcare technician whatever he was suggested i keep trying different ram service departments throughout my area and maybe someone would see something different ... its getting frustrating at this point idk what to do

Ram1500DS

Reaction score
I back into my driveway and in so doing I have to turn hard right when I hear the rubbing. I have less than 8k miles. I have 2019 Laramie. My steering column is adjustable. Still looking for the source. I have not taken it to the dealer. Looking for answers?

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
your going to have to get up under that truck and inspect the sway bars A arm tie rods rack pinion..etc i was having noise backing out drive way and entering at angle it ended up being my sway bar bolt on passenger side

RAMSQAD

Reaction score
After picking up my truck up yesterday from service I was finally told that there is a future service coming, attached is the FCA publication letter I was given yesterday

Yes the sway bar does have new torque specifications for another issue that causes a loud grind/squeak noise that I also experienced when pulling up on driveways or any position that the truck was angle at. after having the service department torque the bolts to the new specs it resolved that problem, but it does not fix the rubbing noise coming from turning right

Attachments

• FCA.jpg
    FCA.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

RAM/Cuda

Reaction score
I have noticed the issue a few times now, the most recent was today.
I guess I should get it checked out.

Ram1500DS

Reaction score
I came across a series of YouTube videos on Ram 1550 (High Mileage 2019 Ram 1500 Owners Review) currently on part 10. He makes reference to this sound in part 3 and had it to the dealer a number of times and they finally worked on the steering nut. No issues since. Are there any service bulletins on this?

RAM/Cuda

Reaction score
Mine did t again Today...But mine was not on a Hard right turn, but did t at the Beginning of the right turn.
I am Concerned that something is Really Wrong with the Steering, and is a Safety Issue.

RAM1500BLKEd

Reaction score
After picking up my truck up yesterday from service I was finally told that there is a future service coming, attached is the FCA publication letter I was given yesterday

Yes the sway bar does have new torque specifications for another issue that causes a loud grind/squeak noise that I also experienced when pulling up on driveways or any position that the truck was angle at. after having the service department torque the bolts to the new specs it resolved that problem, but it does not fix the rubbing noise coming from turning right
I received the same response after the dealer kept my truck for 15 days...

R Luzb

Reaction score
I have had the same problem with mine making a rubbing noise on a hard right turn for over a year now. I had the dealer check it out several times while it was under warranty but was told they could never duplicate the noise. It has about 38000 on it now and is making the noise more frequently, almost every time I drive it. It used to only do it when I would make a hard right turn and now it will even make the rubbing noise on a slight turn to the right. It sounds like the left front tire is rubbing against the fender well.
Maybe FCA will issue a service bulletin on this issue hopefully soon!!!

BigHerm611

Reaction score
My 2020 did this since I bought it with 15,000 miles, when I put new tires on, it hasn’t done it since. Knock on wood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Floyd

Reaction score
My fix was a new steering rack. Was getting a binding with right turns while parking, etc.

ben b

Reaction score
I have noticed this 3 or 4 times, only when backing up. But never seems reproducible. Planning on going to a parking lot soon with a friend outside to see if we can hear the general area it is coming from. If we find anything, I'll post it.

Big Gunz

Reaction score
I came across a series of YouTube videos on Ram 1550 (High Mileage 2019 Ram 1500 Owners Review) currently on part 10. He makes reference to this sound in part 3 and had it to the dealer a number of times and they finally worked on the steering nut. No issues since. Are there any service bulletins on this?
Sorry I know this is an old thread but where is the steering nut? I have a creaking noise when making a hard turn left or right ..thanks

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
There’s a power steering TSB for it. I hd the same thing. They flashed the computer and it fixed it.

Big Gunz

Reaction score
Oh no kidding..I would never have guessed that..do you have that bulletin? Thank you in advance 👍

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I did some searching for about 20 min and still haven’t found it. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Might have better luck when I get back on the computer. I’ll let u know

Big Gunz

Reaction score
Oh no kidding..I would never have guessed that..do you have that bulletin? Thank you in advance
I did some searching for about 20 min and still haven’t found it. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Might have better luck when I get back on the computer. I’ll let u know
I'll see if I can get a straight from the dealership about the bulletin..that creaking noise is driving me nutz..I looked at all the steering components and everything looks new and perfect..so if it's just a flash for the computer that will be a big relief for me..thanks so much for taking the time to do some research for me..appreciate it👍👍

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
It is very annoying. Here you go. Print it and hand it to the service manager when you go.

Attachments

• TSB 08-137-21 grinding sound.pdf
    61.2 KB · Views: 109

Users who are viewing this thread