5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Noise when starting to move or coming to a stop.

RAMblinMan

Reaction score
Hey Rob, I really appreciate your input. Do you know where the 6 bolts to remove the console are locared? I was also thinking that this noise may be eminating from the cab mounts???? I may just have to bite the bullet and let the dealer rip and tear. That's my worst fear. Dealer employees just do not care how they treat your vehicle.

The noise appears to be getting worse. It used to do it intermittently. Now it is happening more frequently.

Did you ever get this resolved? My 2019 has the same rolling bolt sound behind the upper glove box from what I can tell. Mine happens when starting, stopping, or turning left to right and it is driving me crazy. Thanks!

The_Chemist

Reaction score
Yes, the dealership had a level 3 technician remove the entire dash.

There was a hex head bolt rolling around in the heater box from the factory.

I really think a line operator threw it there on purpose.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes, the dealership had a level 3 technician remove the entire dash.

There was a hex head bolt rolling around in the heater box from the factory.

I really think a line operator threw it there on purpose.
In the late 70s it was common for line workers to sabotage vehicles. I've seen pieces of metal hung by paper clips inside the dash, amongst others. One of my fellow mechanic's father worked in the axle plant, and told him how during breaks, some guys would shoot baskets with cover bolts into the axles waiting for covers. When break was over, they would install the cover.

Users who are viewing this thread