5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Noise under bed sounds like something running for 2 seconds

Twoamen

Reaction score
Anybody know what is running/cycling under truck bed when I park it in the garage. Not evertime. Sounds similar to air suspension stabilizing. I don't have air suspension. Service department said they would have to look under truck to figure it out. So it must not be a familiar noise. Only last 1-2 seconds

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anybody know what is running/cycling under truck bed when I park it in the garage. Not evertime. Sounds similar to air suspension stabilizing. I don't have air suspension. Service department said they would have to look under truck to figure it out. So it must not be a familiar noise. Only last 1-2 seconds

Electric parking brake. Details in the manual.

You might look for a new dealer while you're at it...

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Evap leak check most likely, I used to catch my mom's Venza making the same type of noise what felt like every time I was in the garage. Not sure how often the Ram system runs, but most likely it will run a self diag check somewhere between a few minutes after shutdown up to a few hours after shutdown. Sounds just like the air ride compressor cycling.

bonebro

Reaction score
Mine is disabled in settings and I hear it every time after shutting the truck off. I’ll enable it and see what happens.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can only enable or disable the auto brake feature where it will engage the electronic parking brake whenever you put it in park. I have that disabled and still regularly hear the parking brake engage after the truck has been shut off for a minute or so.

KcRay

Reaction score
You can only enable or disable the auto brake feature where it will engage the electronic parking brake whenever you put it in park. I have that disabled and still regularly hear the parking brake engage after the truck has been shut off for a minute or so.
I hear it too if I'm fooling around a bit in the garage after I park. It's not the parking brake, I use mine quite often and this is a different sound. If it's the fuel pump, or the emissions, don't know. My 16 Tacoma did it as well.

obiwanknope

Reaction score
thanks for this thread!!! I have been wondering the same thing but hadn't got around to asking anyone.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My BigHorn doesn’t this too. My firs thought was also the parking brake but and I have auto brake turned off in settings.

Rick J

Reaction score
I'm confused by your statement. You have the auto parking brake disabled but the parking brake still engages when you park. Do you have to manually release it when you start the truck? What is the purpose of the setting if it is going to always engage anyway? Do you maybe have a failure in the system? I have had mine turned off and I don't hear (or feel in the brake pedal) that the parking brake engages.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm confused by your statement. You have the auto parking brake disabled but the parking brake still engages when you park. Do you have to manually release it when you start the truck? What is the purpose of the setting if it is going to always engage anyway? Do you maybe have a failure in the system? I have had mine turned off and I don't hear (or feel in the brake pedal) that the parking brake engages.

On my Limited, if I enable the Auto Park Brake feature, it automatically engages the parking brake whenever the truck is put into P. This happens even when the engine is running - you can hear it. When I have it disabled, it seems to still engage the parking brake automatically about 60-90 seconds after the truck is shut off but by then I'm already out and don't care.

The difference is automatically engaging the parking brake EVERY time it's put in P, or just ~90 seconds after shutting off (in P).

In either case, you don't have to manually disengage the parking brake. Simply shifting to D does it for you. Due to this, I've not really cared what it's doing. I think it's not supposed to work this way but I've yet to find the "behave" setting in Uconnect.

Users who are viewing this thread