5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Noise from eTorque - My Experience

BobK

Reaction score
Just wanted to share an experience I had recently. Slowly over about a months time, started hearing a high pitched wining noise from under the hood when at low speeds getting louder and louder. Usually 20mph or under. One day started the truck and noise was going up and down much louder. Sounded like a belt slipping to me. Took it in and they told me the eTorque Alternator system was bad and they had to order the part. Surprisingly they got it the next day after telling me it would take 3-4 weeks. I didn't care that it was expensive since there is only 25k on it and its under warranty. The eTorque would have been $2000 with parts and labor if not under warranty. I left it there and 2 days later when they got to it they tell me its still making noise and they are are checking other things.
Turns out it was a $50 part - a belt tensioner near the eTorque. But I got a new ETorque out of it after only 25k on the truck. :)
So if anyone else has similar issue and is not in warranty - check the tensioner before a $2000 eTorque system.
(I also bought the 100k - 7 year max care warranty at the same since dont want to ever worry about replacing the eTorque again)

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Seems like we’re hearing this more and more lately.😲

Thankfully it was only a belt tensioner. At least they part swapped on their dime.

bskubon

Reaction score
Would think that would be the first thing to check. I have a 2020 with etorque and will keep this in mind, thanks

Users who are viewing this thread