5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No WIFi?

dirtybird

Reaction score
I have the 8.4 with XM and CarPlay, but I don’t see a WiFi option? Does it not have it, or do I have to call and have it activated?
Seems strange, even a $12K Chevy spark has WiFi.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
If you don't have Navigation, You don't have 4G capabilities. Hence, No Wifi.
I don't know what it has to do with the Chevy spark but... Yeah, no wifi

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't know why anyone needs wifi in a vehicle anyway. You still need a data connection to the outside world for it to be useful, and your phone already has that connection. If your kids 'need' to have a data connection for their iPad or whatever, just turn on the hotspot on your phone. It likely costs less than the data plan for the truck anyway.

dirtybird

Reaction score
Don't know why anyone needs wifi in a vehicle anyway. You still need a data connection to the outside world for it to be useful, and your phone already has that connection. If your kids 'need' to have a data connection for their iPad or whatever, just turn on the hotspot on your phone. It likely costs less than the data plan for the truck anyway.
I am a Superintendent for a Electrical Company and I work on site a lot, so I enjoy having in vehicle WiFi for my MacBook. My company pays for it, and I’d rather not have either of my phones tied up, as I’m bombarded with calls, texts, emails, and googling stuff while I’m on my laptop preparing Bids, building spreadsheets, hiring, firing, interviewing, finalizing proposals, etc…. It’s useful to me. That’s why.

dirtybird

Reaction score
If you don't have Navigation, You don't have 4G capabilities. Hence, No Wifi.
I don't know what it has to do with the Chevy spark but... Yeah, no wifi
Thanks for the reply.

doesn’t have a lot to do with the Chevy spark. It was a comparison of sorts. As I pointed out in my original post, it’s strange that a mid range $50k truck doesn’t have it, but one of the cheapest cars on the road does.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am a Superintendent for a Electrical Company and I work on site a lot, so I enjoy having in vehicle WiFi for my MacBook. My company pays for it, and I’d rather not have either of my phones tied up, as I’m bombarded with calls, texts, emails, and googling stuff while I’m on my laptop preparing Bids, building spreadsheets, hiring, firing, interviewing, finalizing proposals, etc…. It’s useful to me. That’s why.
I see. That would be handy in your situation. Shoulda bought a truck with nav then since wifi is part of that package. Or get a portable hotspot and leave it in the console if you don't want your phone used for that. But since the vast majority of vehicle owners don't have those same needs, they save a few bucks not putting wifi in all trucks. Personally, I'd rather they spent some $ making LED headlights standard on all DT trucks (like my wife's cheaper Cherokee has). Different strokes for different folks.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

doesn’t have a lot to do with the Chevy spark. It was a comparison of sorts. As I pointed out in my original post, it’s strange that a mid range $50k truck doesn’t have it, but one of the cheapest cars on the road does.
Also, A base $20k Corolla has adaptive cruise and lane keep assist but with Ram, even on the top of the line, Limited trim, you have to choose a $1600 package to have this stupid feature... I feel ya
o_O

Ramjack

Reaction score
Also, A base $20k Corolla has adaptive cruise and lane keep assist but with Ram, even on the top of the line, Limited trim, you have to choose a $1600 package to have this stupid feature... I feel ya
o_O
Thank God . . . because I don't want that stuff. Drivers are going to become so sloppy and complacent. Then they drive a different car in their household that doesn't have those features. Collision waiting to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread